Sponsored

Is there a 2" Mopar lift for the 392 and another question?

Rubi Bluez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hydra Blue Rubicon Unlimited 392
Occupation
Fed at USG
That's really the reference point I needed to confirm. Thank you
You're welcome! You def don't need a lift to fit 35 or 37's comfortably under it. The factory wheel wells look gigantic with the stock 33's. The only difference between the XR and non-XR is the tire size. The suspension is the same.
Sponsored

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 4xe Rubicon (Earl Gray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Clayton Offroad 1.5" ride height kit, probably the diesel variant.

Get a longer jounce bump stop from teraflex. (The ones that come with their ST1 kit)

It should be ok to use a shock extension and retain the 392 shocks.. IMO those are better than the regular FOX 2.0s.

At some point later invest in adjustable trackbars and LCA to get a perfect caster and centered axle position dialed in.

Platinum7990

First Name
Zeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 Rubicon 392 & 2022 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Cybersecurity
There are no Mopar/Bilstein combinations.

If you're just going for looks and 37s you'll be fine with a Mopar lift. You might want some adj trackbars as well.
which track bar do you recommend ?

Platinum7990

First Name
Zeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Mine is technically listed as the 1.5" Kit
- 2" in the front
- 1.5" in the back

Quadratec Part #: 16190-7001
Teraflex Part #: 1165200
what is the part number for the tereflex shock extensions?

Sponsored

Platinum7990

First Name
Zeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I did the exact same as this - except I did the TeraFlex LCA's because the Mopar's weren't available at the time. I think this produces the perfect gap and ride quality without messing with too many suspension components.
did you also change your sway bar links to the extended links?

pete_sd

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Sorry, I looked but there's a lot of confusion when I search the Mopar site. If I put a 392 in my vehicle list and search for the 2" lift it will show the 3.6L and diesel lift kits. When I open either, then I get the "this does not fit your vehicle" I just want to confirm there are no "Mopar" lift kits for the 392.

Next, assuming there's not, what option would be best? Clayton? or throw some 1" spacers? I'm not rocking crawling but I need to get just a bit more lift to make 37" tires not look stuffed in the wheel wells. I have an XR 392 inbound and hear it has the Mopar/Bilstein shocks. No experience with Bilstein on a Jeep as I've always run Fox shocks with good results but my TRX has Bilsteins and they're great. Cosmetically they (on the Jeep) look awful.
I just bought the Clayton 3.5 i do not have it installed yet, I am waiting for the Youkon 4.56 gears to come in that i ordered. Also i still have to buy the wheels ( not sure what ones i am going to do) also the tires.

OP
OP
RAMSTEEL

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
I just bought the Clayton 3.5 i do not have it installed yet, I am waiting for the Youkon 4.56 gears to come in that i ordered. Also i still have to buy the wheels ( not sure what ones i am going to do) also the tires.
I got a 3.5" Metalcloak game changer. Should be installed at the end of the month if it arrives in time :)

Sponsored

Left Field

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 RS-SS Camaro, 2021 JLUR392
I got a 3.5" Metalcloak game changer. Should be installed at the end of the month if it arrives in time :)
And some before / after height measurements :)

I'm interested in doing the same -

LF

Fast-n-Furious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR
Mine is technically listed as the 1.5" Kit
- 2" in the front
- 1.5" in the back

Quadratec Part #: 16190-7001
Teraflex Part #: 1165200
Thanks. I've been thinking about the best way to fit 37" for my needs, and don't feel ready to invest on a full blown lift kit. And I wanted to keep the factory XR wheels too.

With the Teraflex 1.5" Performance Spacer Lift Kit and the Mopar 2" lift's LCAs, do you feel the need to upgrade Shocks? Any noticeable handling differences on road? I'm thinking about going to Moab next Spring and wanted to know if these budget upgrades will give me enough clearance.

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Thanks. I've been thinking about the best way to fit 37" for my needs, and don't feel ready to invest on a full blown lift kit. And I wanted to keep the factory XR wheels too.

With the Teraflex 1.5" Performance Spacer Lift Kit and the Mopar 2" lift's LCAs, do you feel the need to upgrade Shocks? Any noticeable handling differences on road? I'm thinking about going to Moab next Spring and wanted to know if these budget upgrades will give me enough clearance.
Leaving the stock shocks with a 1.5” spacer will limit your total articulation that you could have. But certainly not a big deal. Just means that you could drop more to keep a tire on the ground, but your shock will stop the droop.

Depending on how aggressive you get in Moab you could rub 37s. But chances are small and it would be in the wheel well.

if you are keeping the XR rims I would confirm that the tire place will install 37s on your rims. Saves headaches when you get there and if you have to order tires etc….

Fast-n-Furious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR
Leaving the stock shocks with a 1.5” spacer will limit your total articulation that you could have. But certainly not a big deal. Just means that you could drop more to keep a tire on the ground, but your shock will stop the droop.

Depending on how aggressive you get in Moab you could rub 37s. But chances are small and it would be in the wheel well.

if you are keeping the XR rims I would confirm that the tire place will install 37s on your rims. Saves headaches when you get there and if you have to order tires etc….
Thanks for the insights. Never done any off-road trails. I'm thinking about going to the Fins n Things as my first trail with my little kids. If 37"s are not really needed, I'd hope the XR could get me through because I don't have extra money for the full suspension kit with better shocks. The spacer lift can be a good budget option for me if I'll only need a bit more up travel.

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Thanks for the insights. Never done any off-road trails. I'm thinking about going to the Fins n Things as my first trail with my little kids. If 37"s are not really needed, I'd hope the XR could get me through because I don't have extra money for the full suspension kit with better shocks. The spacer lift can be a good budget option for me if I'll only need a bit more up travel.
37s are not really needed. Get a full lift later. But That is my opinion and I am often told I am not cool. 37s are cool.
Sponsored