Sponsored

Is there a 2" Mopar lift for the 392 and another question?

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
Sorry, I looked but there's a lot of confusion when I search the Mopar site. If I put a 392 in my vehicle list and search for the 2" lift it will show the 3.6L and diesel lift kits. When I open either, then I get the "this does not fit your vehicle" I just want to confirm there are no "Mopar" lift kits for the 392.

Next, assuming there's not, what option would be best? Clayton? or throw some 1" spacers? I'm not rocking crawling but I need to get just a bit more lift to make 37" tires not look stuffed in the wheel wells. I have an XR 392 inbound and hear it has the Mopar/Bilstein shocks. No experience with Bilstein on a Jeep as I've always run Fox shocks with good results but my TRX has Bilsteins and they're great. Cosmetically they (on the Jeep) look awful.
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Sorry, I looked but there's a lot of confusion when I search the Mopar site. If I put a 392 in my vehicle list and search for the 2" lift it will show the 3.6L and diesel lift kits. When I open either, then I get the "this does not fit your vehicle" I just want to confirm there are no "Mopar" lift kits for the 392.

Next, assuming there's not, what option would be best? Clayton? or throw some 1" spacers? I'm not rocking crawling but I need to get just a bit more lift to make 37" tires not look stuffed in the wheel wells. I have an XR 392 inbound and hear it has the Mopar/Bilstein shocks. No experience with Bilstein on a Jeep as I've always run Fox shocks with good results but my TRX has Bilsteins and they're great. Cosmetically they (on the Jeep) look awful.
There are no Mopar/Bilstein combinations.

If you're just going for looks and 37s you'll be fine with a Mopar lift. You might want some adj trackbars as well.

OP
OP
RAMSTEEL

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
I thought the XR comes with the mopar 2” lift.
It's clear as mud. The best I can tell it's just the standard Rubicon lift and the XR package adds an inch of "lift".

OP
OP
RAMSTEEL

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
There are no Mopar/Bilstein combinations.

If you're just going for looks and 37s you'll be fine with a Mopar lift. You might want some adj trackbars as well.

Yep, I always do the track bars.

Sponsored

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
It's clear as mud. The best I can tell it's just the standard Rubicon lift and the XR package adds an inch of "lift".
The XR lift is tire size only on the 392.

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
The mopar 2” lift on any 392 will not net you any measurable lift. Only thing worth getting from that kit is the LCAs, since stock they are the same as less lifted JLs. 392 have the least amount of caster of any JL. If you are simply trying to run 37s on a 392, XR or not, 1” spacers and longer LCAs is the all that you will need.

Chris-AZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
A 392 with XR will fit 37's with no mods. The XR 392 already has wheels with backspace to clear 37's so no spacers nor suspension mods are needed. That said, the factory XR 392 lift only has about 1" of suspension up travel, pretty unacceptable. A 3.5" lift will raise the stock 392 XR 1.5" (since they come with a 2" lift) and provide more up travel. Combine with some good bypass shocks and it's not bad.

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
A 392 with XR will fit 37's with no mods. The XR 392 already has wheels with backspace to clear 37's so no spacers nor suspension mods are needed. That said, the factory XR 392 lift only has about 1" of suspension up travel, pretty unacceptable. A 3.5" lift will raise the stock 392 XR 1.5" (since they come with a 2" lift) and provide more up travel. Combine with some good bypass shocks and it's not bad.
392 XR or not is lifted the same. Whatever 37s you buy, none of them will be spec’d for a 7.5” or 8” rim width. The 392 stock rims have ~6” backspace and the 392 XR stock rims have ~5” backspace. My comment is based on uptravel limit of the XR. Trying to help all 392 owners regardless of model.

So if I was looking to run 37s on a 392 XR or not, I would buy 1” spacers, mopar 2” lift LCAs, 8.5” min width rims with at least 5.5” of backspace(not required but recommended) and a 37” tire….

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Just wanted to echo what Stumblinhorse said, there is no height difference between the suspension on the standard 392 and the 392 XR. The confusion is due to the fact that the 392 XR sits about an inch higher than the standard, but that's entirely due to the tires being 2 inches larger, and not due to any suspension changes.

I also don't believe there are any 392 lift kit's available from Mopar. But, as mentioned above, people have taken some specific parts "from" the Mopar JL Rubicon 2" lift kits and used them on the 392.

Namely the LCA's as was also mentioned above, but not sure if any other parts from that 2" Rubi kit are of any use on the 392.

I also agree that 37's will "fit" on a stock 392, but they do look a little stuffed in there, and will likely rub at least a little bit when off-road.

Hope this helps un-muddy the waters for you a lil bit! :like:

-Rob

Sponsored

Rubi Bluez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hydra Blue Rubicon Unlimited 392
Occupation
Fed at USG
For whats it's worth, my '23 NON-XR 392 came with Fox shocks, AND sits higher than my previous '21 Rubicon. The tires on the non-XR and the regular Rubi's are the same size. So the suspension lift on a 392 is def higher than a regular Rubicon. I read somewhere that the 392's have a 2.5" factory lift versus a 2" factory lift on a regular Rubicon.

OP
OP
RAMSTEEL

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
For whats it's worth, my '23 NON-XR 392 came with Fox shocks, AND sits higher than my previous '21 Rubicon. The tires on the non-XR and the regular Rubi's are the same size. So the suspension lift on a 392 is def higher than a regular Rubicon. I read somewhere that the 392's have a 2.5" factory lift versus a 2" factory lift on a regular Rubicon.
That's really the reference point I needed to confirm. Thank you

keg392

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR 392 XR
I run a teraflex 2" with mopar lcas. Teraflex shock extensions to run stock fox shocks. Rides great and fits 37s proportionally.
Jeep Wrangler JL Is there a 2" Mopar lift for the 392 and another question? IMG_20220627_141145_667
I did the exact same as this - except I did the TeraFlex LCA's because the Mopar's weren't available at the time. I think this produces the perfect gap and ride quality without messing with too many suspension components.

OP
OP
RAMSTEEL

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
I did the exact same as this - except I did the TeraFlex LCA's because the Mopar's weren't available at the time. I think this produces the perfect gap and ride quality without messing with too many suspension components.
You have a part number of this 2" TeraFlex setup? Thanks
Sponsored