viggen14

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hello Everyone!

I have been using Android Auto with the Uconnect 8.4 and my Essential Phone Ph-1 for the past couple of months without any issue. When using the navigation in Android Auto, the application shifts whatever is playing on the radio to the right speakers, while the voice direction is outputted to the left speakers. After the voice directions are completed, the speakers return to being balanced. A couple of days ago, the nav app shifted the audio and after the voice directions were completed, the speakers never re-aligned themselves. The only way to get the speakers realigned is to unplug the usb cable to the phone or power off the Uconnect.

I've reset the Uconnect and my phone, changed usb cables but the issue is still there.:angry:

Has anyone ever experienced this?

Thanks!
Joel
Sponsored

cbournis

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Hello Everyone!

I have been using Android Auto with the Uconnect 8.4 and my Essential Phone Ph-1 for the past couple of months without any issue. When using the navigation in Android Auto, the application shifts whatever is playing on the radio to the right speakers, while the voice direction is outputted to the left speakers. After the voice directions are completed, the speakers return to being balanced. A couple of days ago, the nav app shifted the audio and after the voice directions were completed, the speakers never re-aligned themselves. The only way to get the speakers realigned is to unplug the usb cable to the phone or power off the Uconnect.

I've reset the Uconnect and my phone, changed usb cables but the issue is still there.:angry:

Thanks!
Joel
Yes... Same problem here.... It goes away sometimes.

billmans

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL
Hello Everyone!

Thanks!
Joel
I am having the same issue, (audio cuts out, does not come back without turning uconnect on/off) if it helps I am using a Pixel 2 with Android version 9 (pie).

I have also been having an issue were the car "forgets" the bluetooth connection. I pair the phone, but then next time I am in the car the uconnect 8.4 just asks if I would like to pair my phone as if it had never seen it before!

Let me know if you find any solution!
B

nellingson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Laramie; 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
I am having the same issue, (audio cuts out, does not come back without turning uconnect on/off) if it helps I am using a Pixel 2 with Android version 9 (pie).

I have also been having an issue were the car "forgets" the bluetooth connection. I pair the phone, but then next time I am in the car the uconnect 8.4 just asks if I would like to pair my phone as if it had never seen it before!

Let me know if you find any solution!
B
Hello Everyone!

Thanks!
Joel
I have the exact same problem in my 2019 RAM 1500 with UConnect 4C NAV (8.4) using my Google Pixel 2. I also have an iPhone (for work) and I can use that with Apple CarPlay without having this (similar) issue. One other observation I can offer: the issue with Android Auto is only when the audio source I am listening to IS NOT also coming from my Android device. For example, if I'm listening to the radio while using AA (Google Maps) for navigation, the issue presents itself as you've described. On the other hand, if I'm listening to say Spotify via my device through AA, everything seems to work as expected (audio will come back to all speakers after navigation directions).

Sponsored

pburke

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I have been having the exact same issue recently - very annoying! Hopefully it will be corrected soon with a software update. I reported the issue in a recent "Jeep reliability" survey I received. I am using a Pixel 2 with Android 9.

UN4GTBL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
My 2019 Cherokee with Uconnect 4C has a similar issue. But if I use AA at all, I have no useable volume controls, this happened after an OTA update.

If I don't plug my phone in, all is well

Also I don't have ORP yet either, despite the booched OTA update that has installed.

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
On my 8.4 NAV/Uconnect, the navigation voice comes out of the left speakers. If the radio is on with more than low volume...the music is muted on the left side and on the right side...but the woofer bass-speaker is not muted sufficiently. At times it is hard to hear the voice while music is still coming out of the rear right side!

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW m235i, 2017 Triumph Street Scrambler, Onewheel+
This problem appears to be gone for me now (solved with recent Android security update). Anyone else still have the problem?

cbournis

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
There is a fix... Download the latest google play services.... And it will work like designed.... BUT--- If you use USB C you will lose the ability to use AA all together.... You will need to use USB A to C....
Sponsored