AMA: Westin

BullittEV

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S, 2017 Corvette GS
Went through the learning process with Westin products, so if you need any tech advice, let me know- I wish I had this before spending a few hours with each product learning it and understanding the engineering/design team's thought process. The instructions arent bad but theyre not great for people like me.

I am not a mechanic or any sort of professional- but I do have a decent workbench and a variety of tools.

Westin WJ2 Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier (in-progress)
-I also bought two of their HyperQ flood cube lights and the LED rock lights (in-progress)
Steel Tube Westin Front Fenders
Steel Tube Westin Front Inner Fenders
Steel Tube Westin Rear Fenders
Tri-Step Running Boards/Sliders

AMA
Sponsored

mschlott

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 2019 JLUR
How do you like the WJ2 rear bumper? I'm looking for a bumper that allows me to keep the factory sensors and hitch and can handle being dropped on rocks.

OP
OP

BullittEV

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do you like the WJ2 rear bumper? I'm looking for a bumper that allows me to keep the factory sensors and hitch and can handle being dropped on rocks.
Great quality material and 4.5/5 customer service. There was mostly someone always available to speak with and if they couldnt answer you would have someone call you.

Their bumpers come with the small holes for the sensors and 100% this thing will take a beating.

Sethward01

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Great quality material and 4.5/5 customer service. There was mostly someone always available to speak with and if they couldnt answer you would have someone call you.

Their bumpers come with the small holes for the sensors and 100% this thing will take a beating.
Did you have issues with your sensors and the spare tire? Just installed this bumper, minus the tire carrier. I have the Mopar relocation tire carrier and swing gate reinforcement. I can back out of the driveway and my Park Sense sensors are fine, but as soon as I start to pull forward I get the warning the system is unavailable. One of the middle sensors is pointing slightly upward, so Im hoping this is it. I cant raise the spare tire, so Im going to try and adjust that sensor tomorrow.

OP
OP

BullittEV

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you have issues with your sensors and the spare tire? Just installed this bumper, minus the tire carrier. I have the Mopar relocation tire carrier and swing gate reinforcement. I can back out of the driveway and my Park Sense sensors are fine, but as soon as I start to pull forward I get the warning the system is unavailable. One of the middle sensors is pointing slightly upward, so Im hoping this is it. I cant raise sadthe spare tire, so Im going to try and adjust that sensor tomorrow.
I didnt get the safety package on mine- I installed the tire carrier because I bought some black rhino armory wheels on 35's (heavy)

Ironically enough, I dont keep my spare tire on due to the theft issues of them in southern california.

Sponsored

Sethward01

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
I didnt get the safety package on mine- I installed the tire carrier because I bought some black rhino armory wheels on 35's (heavy)

Ironically enough, I dont keep my spare tire on due to the theft issues of them in southern california.
Ah. Appreciate the reply. Ive since realized my issue is the spare tire itself. I took it off and the sensors worked just fine. So Ive ordered a Terafelx adjustable tire carrier which should aliveate the issue. Im in central KY, and havent heard about spare tire theft here--though catalytic converter thefts are huge. Sorry thats an issue where you are.

RDakota

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Went through the learning process with Westin products, so if you need any tech advice, let me know- I wish I had this before spending a few hours with each product learning it and understanding the engineering/design team's thought process. The instructions arent bad but theyre not great for people like me.

I am not a mechanic or any sort of professional- but I do have a decent workbench and a variety of tools.

Westin WJ2 Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier (in-progress)
-I also bought two of their HyperQ flood cube lights and the LED rock lights (in-progress)
Steel Tube Westin Front Fenders
Steel Tube Westin Front Inner Fenders
Steel Tube Westin Rear Fenders
Tri-Step Running Boards/Sliders

AMA
How do you like the tri tube steps? We are looking seriously at these for my wife. Like maybe ordering tomorrow. She needs Some type of step to get in the jeep. We have a JLURD that will hopefully be here soon

beckham388

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys (Ordered)
Occupation
Solutions Engineer

Did you ever install the HYPERQ and Rock lights? If so, where did you run the wire harness cables for both sets of lights? I have the bumper installed and now working on installing the wiring for the lights. I'm thinking of using the AUX switches inside the cab that came with my Jeep.

OP
OP

BullittEV

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you ever install the HYPERQ and Rock lights? If so, where did you run the wire harness cables for both sets of lights? I have the bumper installed and now working on installing the wiring for the lights. I'm thinking of using the AUX switches inside the cab that came with my Jeep.
I have the front ones actually still waiting to be put on (I just got the westin front bumper, full width with the 20" LED bull mount) and they installed the rears by going completely underneath the vehicle. I was going to run it through the vehicle but it seems thats the way the pros are doing it.
Sponsored