Westin Snyper rock rails

homebrew

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Hey group im ordering a set of westin sniper rock rails for my jeep and wanted to see if anyone else was running them? from the few reviews ive found the only complaint is that they squeak if not properly adjusted. Im going to have the dealer break the body bolts loose for me, don't want to join the broken bolt club.
Sponsored

Baddod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18Jl Rubicon
I don’t have any squeaks yet, put them on over a month ago. I also don’t think you’ll have any problem with the bolts if you go in and out when it gets tight. Use a ratchet so you can feel it. Only need to loosen middle and rear body bolts enough to slide the mounts in. Easy.

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
I had no problems with mine at all, no squeak etc. I also didn't have any issues with the body bolts. Like what Baddod said, you just use a breaker bar and gently pull in the bolts, back off then pull again and rinse and repeat until the bolt is loose.

As a side note, I recommend buying a roll of anti slip tape to hide the pinch seam. I bought a roll and it blends in real nice with the tails and hide the seam perfectly.

20190116_115648.jpg
Sponsored