Am I Crazy...................?

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
OK so I’ve been lurking on this forum for over a month. I still haven’t pulled the string on ordering yet because I’ve been waiting for Mojito and the 2.0 liter Turbo 4. Am I crazy for ordering some OEM MOPAR parts today because they had a 20% off coupon code? I ordered the all weather floor mats, the fuel door and a set of the door sill protectors. Has anyone else ever ordered parts for their new JLU before they have even ordered the vehicle? Just wondering!
Sponsored

RadicalMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JKUR 2018 JLU Sahara
Just got my fuel door in the mail today
In D status....

OP
OP
Mojito Mojo

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
Just got my fuel door in the mail today
In D status....
Yes Matt but you have at least ordered yours! I may be waiting for a 2019 Model haha!

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I didn't order parts before I ordered, but I am stockpiling after.

By time I actually have a Jeep in the garage again, I want to be ready to keep busy for a few weekends. :like:

Wranglerjlurubicon27

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
I have these decorating my living room and I ordered a turbo on Valentine’s Day for my fiancé. No eta yet and I’m sure they haven’t even started building it yet. I also have some 37x12.5r17 bf Goodrich on the way. White letters out is what I’m thinking. It’s a granite Rubicon.

Not sure what lift to get but want to go with a quality kit like AEV is what I’m hearing.

6006E4EF-7F26-4864-86BB-66CE8A3E003E.jpeg

FF806C37-CDAA-4BE1-AF4A-2A14A49E1D9C.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mojito Mojo

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Sweet rims! If I saw a good deal come along in the form of rebates I would order wheels and tires also. I guess I’m really hooked!

Redwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JKU
OK so I’ve been lurking on this forum for over a month. I still haven’t pulled the string on ordering yet because I’ve been waiting for Mojito and the 2.0 liter Turbo 4. Am I crazy for ordering some OEM MOPAR parts today because they had a 20% off coupon code? I ordered the all weather floor mats, the fuel door and a set of the door sill protectors. Has anyone else ever ordered parts for their new JLU before they have even ordered the vehicle? Just wondering!
Of course you are! That is why you are here among like-minded crazies. As long as you don’t do the Johnny Cash thing about getting your Wrangler one piece at a time. :giggle:

Wranglerjlurubicon27

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
Sweet rims! If I saw a good deal come along in the form of rebates I would order wheels and tires also. I guess I’m really hooked!
Thank you.

I got brand new 37x12.5r7 for 275 a piece plus tax and 19 each for the installation through discount tire.

The wheels I got through quadratec for under 220 a piece.

The metal wheel protectors was 39.99

This was the only reason why I pulled the trigger so early. It was a steal.

Megsxr750

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Gsxr750 ,2014 Mazda6,and a 2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
I ordered and received the Mopar all weather floor mats while waiting on my Sting Gray JLUR.

marv1294

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Occupation
Student
Right there with ya, just put the deposit down on a JLUR order earlier today and took advantage of the 20% off everything on eBay and copped the Mopar Floor Mats, door sill guards, and cargo tub liner all for $168

Sponsored

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I am pushing day 72 since I ordered and my JL still hasn't arrived yet.

I've accumulated some parts along the way.

Wheels
Front bumper
Winch
Antenna
Paracord grab handles
8.4" screen protector
Cargo mat (ordered - likely backordered)
Cargo tub liner
Dash camera

And I still have a handful of things I am waiting for to release. lol

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a winch on Black Friday. Yeah, we're crazy, but it's a good kinda crazy!

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase

Yeah, you're nuttier than a fruitcake. I too ordered my Jeep mats and some gorilla lock nuts system, shorty antenna, set up an appointment for tint and ordered a slew of supplies from Chemical Guys. But I'm not crazy. :angel:
Sponsored