packetvoice

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Hey guys,

I recently purchased a slightly user 2019 JL with the Alpine premium audio system. Shortly after I started driving it, I noticed that the front left speaker would "buzz" from time to time when I would listen to any Podcasts. Music sounded fine. I downloaded a tone generator app for my iPhone and sure enough, the front left speaker really starts to buzz at 154Hz. The other speakers all work like normal. My question is this. Is this the kind of thing that should be covered under my warranty? Should I call the Jeep service department in my town, or do you think I will be in my own to get the speaker replaced?

Thanks for the help.

Rob
Sponsored

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Worth a shot, though set realistic expectations. If they don't warranty it, there's tons of folks here who've taken out their stock speakers that could help you out. Even better, you could replace the stock speakers with the Infinity or Kicker Speakers that are broadly discussed in the audio section. Good luck!

wolves26

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Ocean Blue, 2014 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Blue Streak
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,

I recently purchased a slightly user 2019 JL with the Alpine premium audio system. Shortly after I started driving it, I noticed that the front left speaker would "buzz" from time to time when I would listen to any Podcasts. Music sounded fine. I downloaded a tone generator app for my iPhone and sure enough, the front left speaker really starts to buzz at 154Hz. The other speakers all work like normal. My question is this. Is this the kind of thing that should be covered under my warranty? Should I call the Jeep service department in my town, or do you think I will be in my own to get the speaker replaced?

Thanks for the help.

Rob

I had this same problem. It's the lower left speaker. Took it to the dealer last week.
My service invoice lists star case S1823000055 for the problem and it was fixed under warranty.

There is also the following thread on the problem:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-charlie-brown-adult-sound.40926/#post-905111

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Warranty should take care of it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
packetvoice

packetvoice

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Charlie Brown! That is EXACTLY how to describe it. Thanks for all the help everyone!

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi ads75,
We certainly agree that this might be frustrating to hear in your new jeep. If you decide to move forward in working with your dealer, feel free to send our team a private message.

Kathryn
JeepCares
Sponsored