Sponsored

Allstate Insurance- Offroad/Mod Coverage

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
I have American Family, covered up to $10k in mods, they cover $5k with policy, the additional $5k was like $11.00/mo
Sponsored

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
For what it’s worth, carriers have to file the policy with the insurance department of almost every state. Ask for a copy of a policy specimen prior to signing. If they say no, let them know your next call is to the department of insurance.

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
So I finally got around to contacting Phoenix Insurance that @Kevin8086 and Britney had described in their Youtube vid. As some of you might suspect, they aren't an insurance company but rather a broker. I worked with Jared Rains who was able to price insurance from SafeCo for me. The policy has no off road driving exemption so I'm covered if there is damage to my JLU when taking the trails. My mods are also covered up to a value of $5000. The cost of insurance was initially significantly higher but not horribly so. However, by paying 6mo coverage up front, I was able to get to cost down closer to about $6 over my current premium.

I also priced my home owners insurance and ended up saving money while more than doubling my coverage. One of the things that made me look into this insurance was the low replacement cost coverage from my current policy. Now I feel my ass is properly covered for my Jeeps and my home.

Jared did a great job of answering my questions. I was a licensed agent at one time so I'm at least a little informed on the subject. I also got a quote from USAA which didn't come close.

Of note, SafeCo has a driving habit app for my phone. I'm getting a 10% discount for using it for 90 days. My rate doesn't go up if I'm an unsafe driver but instead goes down if I'm a good diver over the next 90 days. Of course, I drive a Jeep. It's not exactly a fast vehicle to begin with.

So it's worth checking out if you're in state that they are licensed for. Thanks for the heads up Kevin..
They are definitely great people who will take care of you

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
This is what my long term friend and insurance agent told me. Specifically the Jeep is trail rated and designed to be used on the trail. It is manufactured, advertised and sold as a trail vehicle. The insurance companies will cover trail damage on the trail as this is what the intended use of the Jeep and why it is so important that Jeep as a Manufacturer puts the trail rated badge on the Jeeps.

He went on to say it would not be covered in any form of competitive use.

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
This got me thinking.. I called my insurance company yesterday to verify my coverage. I have Progressive. Without any additional coverage, I am covered up to a 4" lift. I am also covered anywhere, with the exception of racing, ride sharing or business use. Anywhere off-road I am covered! I pay in full every 6 months, and have my home with them too. I only pay $480/per year for the standard 300k/100k coverage. I had an accident with them years ago, and they fixed everything with OEM parts.. Cant say enough good things about them.

Edit: I don't have any additional add-on's for aftermarket parts. I'll worry about that myself if anything happens.

Sponsored

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
I’m through Allstate and have never had an issue with mods or offroad without any extra coverage. Mind you I’m Canadian so not sure how different our policy’s May be
My ex got my 2013 in the separation and while still going through the divorce process she pulled out in front of someone getting t boned while under my policy. Allstate covered a new aftermarket wheel, 35” tire and some of the lift components in the back that got tweaked
Also had zero issues when my 2015’s motor got swamped. Front main seal was gone on the crank and allowed water into the motor. They paid for a new motor to be put in. That situation sucked simple because it happened a week after I ordered the JL lol so the insurance claim hurt my trade in some

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

19399677_1582664685112184_69519241874738506_n.jpg

Allstate will protect you against Mayhem. the million dollar question here is....is offroading considered Mayhem?

are you in good hands?

Last edited:

unconfirmed

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Soon)
For what it’s worth, carriers have to file the policy with the insurance department of almost every state. Ask for a copy of a policy specimen prior to signing. If they say no, let them know your next call is to the department of insurance.
^This.

Ask for a specimen or pro-forma copy of the policy documents. There is absolutely not reason they can't give you a copy stamped specimen or "not valid for insuring purposes".

If they won't give it to you, you can probably get it here:
https://filingaccess.serff.com/sfa/home/TN

Click "Begin Search", then "Accept".
Under "Business Type" choose "property and casualty."
Then pick "Personal Auto"
Then type "allstate" in the Company name.

The trick will be finding out which form they plan to give you.

You're smart for wanting to read the fine print up front.
Sponsored