First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
... Airing up is the dumb part. One day I'll break down and buy or build a system to air up all 4 tires at once.
I've watched the four-tire air down/up system in use and I think @wibornz is correct that it's too much of a hassle. So, let me share my redneck process.

First the typically supplied European air chuck is not effective ... the weight of the hose will loosen it sometimes. I bought a Haltec H-5265 Standard Bore Lock-On Air Chuck (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01938M8MW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) to replace the European one ... short of a screw on chuck, this one is great for clamping force.

I don't use a tire inflator/pressure gauge unit, the chuck is simply added to the end of the hose. When the chuck is clamped on to the tire, I start a stop watch ... ~3 minutes with my single cylinder ARB pump will inflate a 35x12.5 tire from 14psi to 35psi. During those three minutes I can straighten up the inside of the Jeep, chew the fat with my trail buddies, or take a potty break. Once the three minutes are up a quick check with a pressure gauge allows me to fine tune the pressure up or down.
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Yea, I spent 150 dollars and built a four tire inflator/deflator hose. all the hoses tie into one gauge and I have a dump valve. It never dropped all the tires to the same pressure. I am sure that if I waited long enough that it would balance out, but who wants to wait. When airing up, it would always fill up the tires at different rates also. You would think that they would fill up uniformly,,,,,nope. So then I would just watch the tire pressure from in the cab of the Jeep on the screen where it shows the individual tire pressure and go out and unhook each tire as it got to the correct pressure. It worked out okay, but lastly the biggest downfall was all that air hose took up a lot of space. So I often just left it at home in the spare bedroom under the bed..... I don't think it has been used in a year now.

ARB tire deflator for the win in my book.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m looking for some good rapid air valves and wondered what the collective experience is. Iā€™m looking for a fast option as airing down for several minutes per tire in freezing temps isnā€™t fun.

I have my eyes on the monster valves from Power Tanks but these may prove challenging to install in my wheels (space constraints). I know Trail Ready sells a set that appear to use a rubber grommet and backing nut rather than tapped hole. Are there any other options for fast air-down/up out there Iā€™m missing?

what do you do and how long does it take to drop psi from say 30 to 10 per tire?
Only $28 bucks. Very solid. Comes with more stuff and cheaper than anything posted here thatā€™s similar. Thank me later. #Boom.

Rapid Tire Deflator

0C07C60D-5093-4AE0-BD02-7FC74333367E.jpeg

AEF674FC-162A-41FB-9777-38647BCF958B.jpeg
5F3E4EC9-6013-4254-9C1A-40BADCBBA02D.jpeg

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
I like the Coyote deflators. Just screw them on and continue driving. Compared to Staun, one deflator covers a wide pressure range, the ring is easy to pull, they are faster, they have a lifetime warranty.

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
Airing up is the dumb part. One day I'll break down and buy or build a system to air up all 4 tires at once.
I did that...waste of time. It's no faster than using an ARB twin, except you waste more time dealing with connecting all the hoses. I went back to using my single hose.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mtngreen4wd

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 JLUR, ā€˜96 XJ
I ended up going with the Currie Enterprises EZ deflator on a recommendation from Rebel Offroad. Same thing as the ARB and Alien. I liked the idea of the PT Monster Valves but I donā€™t like the idea of drilling my new beadlocks. Wonā€™t be able to air up or down quite as fast but still pretty quick.

thanks guys for the recommendations.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I inflate my tires manually. The valves do hurt my lips plus in extremely cold weather a friend has to pull me off the tire by the ankles.

I got nothing........ but great way so save money.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I use the dirt cheap chinese version of the Staun. Terribly inaccurate, but I screw on all four, then keep driving and watch my tire pressure. As they get down to 14 I'll stop and pop them off, one at a time if necessary. It beats the boredom of standing around waiting for them to all finally hit the target pressure

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
With the space constraints of my wife's current beadlock rings....I do the same. Simple. Effective. Pretty quick. Inexpensive. I also have the Currie and ARB style deflators...nothing wrong with them if you have the room.
I also have the Currie Deflator very nice and digital too, I like my Alien better though haha
Sponsored