Air Compressor Question

SonicPearl

First Name
Smoke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL in Waiting
Just wondering what air compressor people are using in their garage to keep the tires inflated. I'm not looking to install one in my jeep, just one i can plug into an electrical socket in the wall and use to inflate tires. Speed is also important as I don't want it to take forever.

i was looking at Porter-Cable 3.5 Gal. 135 PSI Pancake Electric Air Compressor.

Thanks
Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
If it’s just occasional use, you can get one similar to that from harbor freight for around 50 bucks.

OP
OP

SonicPearl

First Name
Smoke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL in Waiting
If it’s just occasional use, you can get one similar to that from harbor freight for around 50 bucks.
Thanks. Will these air compressors do what I am looking to do or do I need "more" of an air compressor (bigger)?

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
They’ll do fine. Bigger might be a little faster, but this size is faster than a lot of those coin op compressors at the convenience store.

Sponsored

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
Do yourself a favor and do not get an oil-less air compressor. They are VERY noisy!!! I can hear my neighbor's running from 2 houses away! I have an old craftsman horizontal compressor that I got from my dad. Unfortunately, the tank rusted through so I took the compressor and mounted it on an upright tank I got from a friend. So far...so good! I drain the tank a few times a year to hopefully keep it from rusting out.
Sponsored