Aftermarket Soft Top Options

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
Anyone know of any companies making an aftermarket soft top for the JL besides Bestop? I think I remember seeing some pictures from SEMA of a company having one, but wasn't sure where that stood.

Was hoping to get a Trektop for my 2-Door, but now Bestop is saying that the Trektop won't ship until May (and even that's still tentative). Since their ship date for the 2 door has slide every month since August of '18, I'm not putting much faith in it. And before I go buy a factory softop, I wanted to see if there were any rumblings from other companies. I don't want to go another summer without one. :angry:
Sponsored

OP
OP
VolCntry73

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like Rampage may be developing something.

OP
OP
VolCntry73

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
VolCntry73

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those are just concepts and to be honest bestop will probably lay be first to market with a 2 door top since they are the OEM supplier.

We waited for a year on the JLU for the trek top - patience
I think my issue with the delay is the fact that they keep pushing the release with no information as to why. The first release date I saw was last July. In July, it pushed to beginning of August, then that pushed to the middle of August, then that pushed to beginning of Sept, then that pushed to end of Sept...and so on and so on. So basically you are asking the consumer to stay on the hook for $1,200 instead of being forthcoming from the get go. Even to this day, the "hope" is that it will ship in April. I emailed Bestop this week to find out if 1) April is still when product will ship and 2) if they anticipate being able to meet pre-order demand. I was told that I needed to order now to secure my place in line and that if I hadn't already ordered then "it could be late April+" before it ships. However, going online now, and placing a Trektop in the cart puts it's shipping TENTATIVE ETA for May. That's assuming that there is not a backorder from pre-sales. Considering the track record of "tentative ETA's", my guess is it may be late summer or fall before a 2 door Trektop ships if ordered today.

I understand patience. Trust me. 2 Doors have been out for almost a year now, and the market is still lagging on mods (that are not universal to the 2 and 4 doors). Yes, I know you guys waited almost a year on the Trektop, but you lost out on one summer. The 2 door owners may be missing out on a second summer because Bestop continues to string the 2 door owners along.

Sorry, just a rant. I get it. I understand there is a lot that goes into product design and release. I guess I just came from an industry that if you missed target dates on an opening of a business or a product, it was A HUGE deal because of all the marketing and planning that goes into it. I suppose this market is fine with just throwing dates out like they are candy in a parade.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
This is probably the best aftermarket soft top you can get for the JL

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
This is probably the best aftermarket soft top you can get for the JL
Holy crap is that expensive. You can go out and buy yourself an old used convertible car for that much, lol.

When I emailed a guy at Bestop asking if they were ever going to release their other tops for the JL, or even the factory soft top under their own name, the guy told me they didn't feel there was a need in the market because Mopar already was filling it. I figure there's got to be a no-compete agreement so Mopar can continue to mark up and sell the Bestop versions.

I would think they can still sell the Trektop NX Pro or Glide. If shouldn't take them any time to get those to market other than a lack of desire in their part. The Jeeps aren't that different (JK/JL) and they already make the OEM tops.

jruss

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport Unlimited
Holy crap is that expensive. You can go out and buy yourself an old used convertible car for that much, lol.
I installed 2 of those on jk’s. I will never touch another one. Too many fitment and alignment issues out the gate that needed to be fixed before delivering to a customer. Cool, but pricey and a huge pain.

Sponsored

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
It's actually cheaper than Jeep's sky one touch
Apparently it's only for the Sahara and Rubicon models so me and my little JLU Sport S are SOL anyways. I just need to find someone here in Alabama looking to trade their soft top for my hard .