First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 WK 2014 JK, 2021 JLR snazzberry
Occupation
damn near retired
Have a question about different aftermarket soft tops. I just ordered a 2 door and I got the dual door group and 3 piece hard top. I could not order the soft top also, I guess there is just no room to put the dual doors and the soft top in the jeep for transport from the factory.

A little history, I had a TJ with an aftermarket Bestop. I liked it, but I don't think it was quite as nice as the factory soft top.

My son had a JK, and also an after market soft top from Best top. Once again, the factory hardware was nicer than the after market.

Now that Best top manufactures the soft tops for Jeep, (I do not think that was the case on my TJ and not sure on my son's JK) is the soft top hardware the same if I order off of quadratech, as it would be if I got it from the factory? The premium sunrider soft top from the factory is $595. Where the Mopar Twill soft top kit from quadratech is $2600.

I like the way the new sunrider from the factory is so simple to put in the sunrider position, and then all the way back with the windows taken off.

Is the twill soft top as good as the material on the factory premium sunrider?

Thanks, Phil
Sponsored

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
My understanding is that Bestop sells a version of their top that is basically identical to the factory top... But it's only available for 4-door Jeeps. I think the only aftermarket full soft top for 2 door is from Suntop, or Bestop's slant-back top that doesn't fully retract (sunrider or Bimini modes only). The fabrics Bestop uses are identical to factory tops.

gregeast

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
Bestop makes the factory 2-(and 4) door soft top. The only difference between the Mopar version and the Bestop version is that the factory top has a single handle that you pull to lower the top all the way, the Bestop version has handles on both sides that have to be released (I guess Jeep wanted to have at least one cool feature over the aftermarket version). IMHO the twill top is the way to go if you can swing it, it's very nice material that looks great and fits nicely.

I had good luck ordering my Mopar top through my dealer, they were very price competitive and I didn't have to pay for shipping.

Jealous of your half-doors!

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
You have a couple different products listed there. The sunrider top is not a full soft top for $595. The premium twill will run you close to the same from QT or the dealer. None of the 2 doors can be ordered with both tops. We ordered the hard top and bought a base, clear window top from the dealer with a $200 off Mopar parts coupon you can find online. Since the Jeep lives in the garage and the top is seasonal the base top has worked great for us. The only difference is in the fabric and it was hundreds of dollars more so I bought the cheaper one. I think it was like $1600 from the dealer parts dept. I think the sunrider you were quoted just replaces the freedom panels, which is nice but not a full folding top.

OP
OP
brennaman

brennaman

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 WK 2014 JK, 2021 JLR snazzberry
Occupation
damn near retired
Thanks for all your help. The sunrider for $595 is listed on the jeep website when you build a jeep. When you price out all the options you want, if you select the soft top it is $595. But like you said, they only let me buy either the soft top or the hard top, because I ordered the dual door option. ( they ship the half doors in the back, and I was told there is no room for the soft top with the doors in the back) I will probably do what you did, buy the less expensive top for around town. We are planning on using this towed behind our RV and hitting trails out west. I retire this year, so my wife and I are watching youtube for places out in CO, UT, NV, AZ... to go wheeling. This has been our dream for years, hard too believe it is almost here, starting with the Jeep hopefully in about 6 more weeks. (estimate from the dealer) thanks all
Sponsored