Sponsored

After getting your JL, what option do you regret not getting?

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Unlimited
I custom ordered my Sport S and really can’t say I regret anything. I ordered automatic, anti spin, alpine, and gas cap. I would’ve liked the cold weather package, but felt it was way too expensive considering you had to add the garage opener too. I would’ve orderd the tow if it came with higher gears, like 3.73 with JKs, but it didn’t. I didn’t care for the 7 inch radio either.
Admittedly I'm starting to regret not getting the Cold Weather package. I've been thinking about adding leather to my Jeep but I think it would be a dumb move in the winter time without heated seats.
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
There's a lot of people missing the Proximity Entry.

I'm trying to rack my brain on what it's for? Genuinely curious. Seems like it just unlocks the door before you get to it, correct?

Me, I'm kinda regret not getting the LED lights. Not a huge deal, but it's something o think would ease my mind.
The LEDs and Proximity Entry are among my favorite options. It one option used every single day if you have it. You can leave the remote in a pocket or purse and never have to take it out. You just walk up and pull the handle to unlock doors or back gate. You just push the button to lock it. I have the feature on other cars and I had to have it on the JL. It way too convenient. Unfortunately the Proximity Entry is one option that is very difficult or near impossible to add later.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
I feel like a party pooper here. I have had mine for 3 weeks. I ordered my 2020 JLRU with all of the options accept the Advanced Safety Group, which I did NOT want.

No regrets!

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Don’t sweat the LSD, the factory clutch-based Trac-Lok has never been very effective.

You can install a helical-style gear based LSD (such as TrueTrac) that will out perform and out last the OEM one
I've been looking at them. I've also considered an Electronic Locker.

Sponsored

rle737ng

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Mojito!
I got a JLU Sport S off the lot. Didn't have LED lights or Proximity entry. I wish I had both, but were not even options on a '18. I've since added LED lights, so one of those is fixed.

M0ondogy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yes, it just unlocks the doors. Since apparently someone decided women don't need pockets, I always end up with my keys at the bottom of my purse so I have to set down whatever I am holding on the ground so I can dig around in there like damn Mary Poppins.

It's a total first world problem, but it has happened enough when I am carrying something that I don't want to set on the wet ground that it annoys me.

Got it. Makes sense!

I'm coming from an old Toyota where I paid extra for my tape deck and power windows.

A lot of these modern features to me are a touch confusing. It's kinda like being invited to build my own space ship. That 8" screen is so futuristic, and I'll miss my tape to headphone adapter TBH.

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Got it. Makes sense!

I'm coming from an old Toyota where I paid extra for my tape deck and power windows.

A lot of these modern features to me are a touch confusing. It's kinda like being invited to build my own space ship. That 8" screen is so futuristic, and I'll miss my tape to headphone adapter TBH.
I was driving a 2001 Grand Cherokee before my JL so I get it!

Coder

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Universal garage door opener on a Sport S

Sponsored

Kbg1963

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU rubicon
After spending last week up in the mountains exploring all the trails I am wondering if the Sky 1 touch roof wouldn’t have been a better option than the hard top my Rubicon came with. I got real tired of pulling off the freedom panels and then 20 minutes later having to put them back on because we hit a rain storm and then 15 minutes after that having hot and sunny weather return and pulling the panels off once again. I swear that we did that routine for the 7 days we rode the trails, got really old!

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I've had mine for a whole week and the only regret is not getting the proximity keyless entry. Since you don't need to touch the key to start, it almost feels like a hassle to reach for the fob for keyless entry . I know that sounds small but that damn fob is so big not having to touch it would be gold.
I second that.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I regret not getting the tow package and the upgrade headlights. They didn't have any manuals on the lot with those options. I'll add them on later, but it would have been nice to have everything I wanted from the get-go.
This is the thing I miss the most. With My regular (stock lower end lights) I can barely tell the difference between high and low.

Jeep’n Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I bought mine slightly used with 6k miles on it so beggars can’t be choosers I guess. But I wish it had the tow package, installing the mopar tow harness was a pain in the arse!

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Remote start
Sponsored