aFe Scorcher for 3.0

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
Thought I remembered someone here got one of these to try out. Anybody have any experience with them?
Sponsored

hazards280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' JLUR 392 - Sarge Green
There's a guy by the name of Eddie on the Eco-Diesel Facebook group that recently applied the tune.

I don't want to copy and paste his post, but in summary he saw an overall increase in power; however he mentioned some power surging on the "max" setting, and the sport mode didn't see the same surging, but performance was noticeably less. He also mentioned that it appears to dump boost between shifts, which makes the acceleration feel a bit different than stock.

I'd be interested in more feedback as well as the price point on this option is quite attractive, but I'd prefer not to cut any corners as well. For the time being, I'm watching PPEI for a sale. From what I've read they won't put their name on something unless it's done right.

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thought I remembered someone here got one of these to try out. Anybody have any experience with them?
It probably was me..

I was given one from AFe to install and test and honestly, just haven’t had time to install it. I’ve been on the go since November it’s sitting in my office back in Idaho.

OP
OP
Ruby Clatterbox

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
It probably was me..

I was given one from AFe to install and test and honestly, just haven’t had time to install it. I’ve been on the go since November it’s sitting in my office back in Idaho.
Thanks Joe! You are who I was thinking about. Thanks for the reply and please post if you do get time to get it installed.

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Joe! You are who I was thinking about. Thanks for the reply and please post if you do get time to get it installed.
I will, I have intentions to do so. Probably after EJS

Sponsored

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
He also mentioned that it appears to dump boost between shifts, which makes the acceleration feel a bit different than stock.
That is probably a "defuel" strategy programmed in from the factory. The GM Duramax and Allison trans have this strategy programmed in to save the transmission from eating itself. It isn't really noticeable at stock power levels but as soon as you install a tuner, you really feel it. It sucks when racing! With AFE using a plug in harness style tuner, I don't think you can avoid it. A reprogrammed ECU would be able to though.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Any updates on this?