Sponsored

AFe CAI for diesel JL

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
OK, figured it out - easy fix. The silicone shroud was getting sucked into the intake. I know a lot of people just take this off but I live in Georgia and trail ride through a lot of creeks. Use some pipe strap and formed to support the shroud. Took it out for a spin and no issues whatsoever.

Turned the Pedal Monster and Derringer up to max and pulled a 0-60 in 7.92 from a dead stop idle. If this is the norm I will be very happy!
Any chance I could come check out the results side by side?! Really want the Banks setup for our diesel rubicon but a newborn, due 4/8, is really putting a hamper on jeeps mods. I'm right over in Woodstock, send me a PM if so. Thanks!
Sponsored

sgterik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Has anyone 3d printed anthing to help with the rubber shroud collapse issue? Does AFE offer anything to help?

sgterik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Has anyone 3d printed anthing to help with the rubber shroud collapse issue? Does AFE offer anything to help?
Same here, looking. Issue still not fixed, purchased this week and shipped from AFE and installed last night and same issue. It pulls the tabs out of the body. Major flaw

Sponsored

AC77

First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler diesel Sahara Altitude , 94 MKIV
Occupation
Autobody , singer-songwriter
OK, figured it out - easy fix. The silicone shroud was getting sucked into the intake. I know a lot of people just take this off but I live in Georgia and trail ride through a lot of creeks. Use some pipe strap and formed to support the shroud. Took it out for a spin and no issues whatsoever.

Turned the Pedal Monster and Derringer up to max and pulled a 0-60 in 7.92 from a dead stop idle. If this is the norm I will be very happy!
hi. Question. When you start your motor looking at the Derringer gauge. Takes a second to wake up right ? And when it turns on do you feel like it’s got a missfire ? Like a split second before the derringer screen turns on to where you see the gauges/outputs ?

AC77

First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler diesel Sahara Altitude , 94 MKIV
Occupation
Autobody , singer-songwriter
You don't make power by cooler air you make it by how much air you add to the mix. so most CAI systems allow more air to flow then the stock filter set up. the more air you get into the cylinder the more power you get. now if it is cooler then even more power is made up to a point. when it gets to cold then it has to be heated to be viable. Most stock system do an excellent job of all the things needed to make max power.
WRONG. WRONG
“ on turbocharged engines/motors “
The cooler the air being introduced into the intake manifold. The higher power
I.e. 3L turbo motor that intakes let’s just say com into the given volume puts out 300 hp. Stock. Now introduce more air and cooler air that is. Cooler is what ? More dense ! More density in the same given volume. More ignition. More fuel = power. HP and Tq. Now on NA application. (NA = naturally aspirated) you will not feel the HP. You may feel or see (graph) a bit more torque and an easier acceleration. But don’t just listen to me. Hey I’m just a Gardner
Sponsored