Sponsored

Advice on Options...

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
If you know you will use the hitch I would price each out for an aftermarket install. What ever one is cheaper to do after the fact then you have your answer.

I will say I use my alpine every time I drive. Can't say that about the tow package.
Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Thanks everyone. Even though I love the Punk’n, I’m wondering if I should just order what I want. No use in paying for other extras. I do love the Granite Crystal too and that’s a mainstay color. I wonder if Jeep has anything special planned for their 80th anniversary...

Jennifer, this was going to be my $0.02 until you said it first.

If you can wait for a factory order, not only will several dealers likely take considerable % off of factory wholesale price (see the ordering section for more on this) for such orders, but you don't pay for features you don't want or do without features you do want.

OP
OP
AUjeepgirl23

AUjeepgirl23

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Rubicon JLU 2.0 Turbo
This may be a dumb question but what is the difference between the regular V6 and the 850RE?

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
Jennifer, this was going to be my $0.02 until you said it first.

If you can wait for a factory order, not only will several dealers likely take considerable % off of factory wholesale price (see the ordering section for more on this) for such orders, but you don't pay for features you don't want or do without features you do want.
Hey, what ordering section are you referring to? I was always under the impression that you get better deals for cars/trucks on the lot then ordering ...simply because they want to clear them out.

Can you link me to what you're talking about?

R

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Hey, what ordering section are you referring to? I was always under the impression that you get better deals for cars/trucks on the lot then ordering ...simply because they want to clear them out.

Can you link me to what you're talking about?

R
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/ordering-pricing-production-tracking.7/

You should find there the latest dealers doing discounts.

Koons in Vienna, VA, USA, for example, was doing 5% off of FWP (factory wholesale price)--which is NOT to be confused with the pricier MSRP, when customers place factory orders when I first got my JL. There not the only ones but I could be worth it to deal with them despite your being North of the US border---COVID-19 notwithstanding.

Start here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/latest-2020-jeep-wrangler-jl-and-jlu-order-guides-april-2020/

This is the latest pricing guide. Find what you want and note the price in the FWP column (factory wholesale price.)

The reason some dealers offer far greater discounts on factory orders is that FCA gives them sales incentives for moving lots of product; incentives they share with the customer in discounts.

Good luck.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/ordering-pricing-production-tracking.7/

You should find there the latest dealers doing discounts.

Koons in Vienna, VA, USA, for example, was doing 5% off of FWP (factory wholesale price)--which is NOT to be confused with the pricier MSRP, when customers place factory orders when I first got my JL. There not the only ones but I could be worth it to deal with them despite your being North of the US border---COVID-19 notwithstanding.

Start here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/latest-2020-jeep-wrangler-jl-and-jlu-order-guides-april-2020/

This is the latest pricing guide. Find what you want and note the price in the FWP column (factory wholesale price.)

The reason some dealers offer far greater discounts on factory orders is that FCA gives them sales incentives for moving lots of product; incentives they share with the customer in discounts.

Good luck.
well, I think I’d want a wrangler with km/h since that’s what we have here. I wonder if there’s any dealers doing that here in Canada.

when they had these 5% off wholesale, it’s end of model year sales? ...i.e. wasn’t when the model year was introduced??

R

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
i wish i had a hitch on the JL but it seems to be an easy DYI to buy one online and bolt it on
Yea, it's super simple, and you can find one online for well under 100 bucks these days (just the hitch and hardware, obviously, not the wiring and all that). If you're just gonna use it for a bike rack or a small carrier, you don't need the wiring anyway.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AUjeepgirl23

AUjeepgirl23

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
850RE is the 8 speed trans
so the build function on the Jeep site has these two options in the list.... 8 speed auto trans and 8 speed auto 850re trans ...Jim just curious what the difference is?

OP
OP
AUjeepgirl23

AUjeepgirl23

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea, it's super simple, and you can find one online for well under 100 bucks these days (just the hitch and hardware, obviously, not the wiring and all that). If you're just gonna use it for a bike rack or a small carrier, you don't need the wiring anyway.
yeah on my 15 Sahara I had Uhaul install one. I think I’m more interested in the Aux switches etc.

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
I bought off the lot, and have the Alpine system, and as others have said I use it every time I drive somewhere!

I didn't get the tow package, but I did add a hitch for about $60 (just 4 bolts) which I use occasionally to carry bikes. Another $70 if I want to add wiring in the future.
As others have pointed out, the tow package is more than just a hitch, it's also aux switches, alternator, bigger battery.

It really depends on what you value the most :)

One thing that I don't have, but really would like (and will probably try to add at some point), is proximity keyless entry.

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
I made sure to have the Alpine system
and auxiliary switches for two simple reasons. As some others stated.. my radio is on every single time I’m in my ride. Not only does it play loud but the clarity and quality is superb. As for the auxiliary switches.. well how else could I power these

Jeep Wrangler JL Advice on Options... 1590517835541

Really though, the auxiliary switches are clean, unassuming and if your getting after market add-ons make sense.

OP
OP
AUjeepgirl23

AUjeepgirl23

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a Punk'n Rubi about 30 min from....everything I want but the Alpine. Ugh. I keep thinking I can do without Punk'n, but then I keep going back to it lol. Guess I need to keep researching audio upgrades.
Sponsored