Roof options on JLU Willys

Lastcall

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Subaru Impreza
I’m ready to place an order for a factory build JLU Willys. The sun rider top is the standard from factory, I am ordering the 3 piece hardtop. Will the soft top be included along with the hardtop? Or will it have to be purchased aftermarket?
Sponsored

mac6898

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ
I’m ready to place an order for a factory build JLU Willys. The sun rider top is the standard from factory, I am ordering the 3 piece hardtop. Will the soft top be included along with the hardtop? Or will it have to be purchased aftermarket?
If you order the hardtop, it will replace the standard soft top. To get both tops with the Jeep purchase, you'd have to order the dual top group option (gives you the upgraded premium soft top along with the black hard top). It'll arrive at the dealership with the hard top installed and the soft top in a large box on the inside of the Jeep. There's a very detailed soft top installation video on youtube from Quadratec to help you swap them out.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum!

If you’d like to have both tops eventually, but only want to order one for now, I’d get the hardtop.

When you order a Wrangler with the hardtop, they hook up the rear wiper and washer, and add the controls to the steering wheel stalk. If you get a Jeep with the soft top, when you get the hardtop you then have to buy the wiper wiring, washer lines, and the switches separately, and install them.

Adding a soft top after the fact is much simpler.

OP
OP

Lastcall

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Subaru Impreza
if I add the sun rider top along with the 3 piece hardtop it’s only an additional $595 I believe. If I buy it aftermarket it’s around $1500. Seems like a no brainer unless aftermarket soft tps are that much better than oem.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi 392 Wrangler
Occupation
Retirement From Oil Refinery
This time around since I’m getting old i got the Willys EcoDiesel with the one touch top it’s a soft top & a hard top it’s not cheap but includes the 8.4” navigation and premium sound.

F072C08E-486B-497F-9D5F-FFAD6FAED2CE.jpeg

Sponsored

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
There are two versions of the sunrider soft top. The Willy's includes the base sunrider. The $595 upcharge is for the premium version of the sunrider soft top which is a slightly different fabric.

So no additional charge for the base soft top, $595 to get the premium top.

If you order the three piece hardtop you do not get a soft top, just the hard top

If you order the dual top group you get a hard top and a soft top.

If you order a hard top you can still buy the soft top later from the dealer for about $1900 for the base top and a couple hundred more for the premium.

My 2 door Rubicon wasn't offered with the dual top option. I ordered the 3 peice hard top and have since purchased the base soft top ($1700) and installed it for summer.

OP
OP

Lastcall

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Subaru Impreza
There are two versions of the sunrider soft top. The Willy's includes the base sunrider. The $595 upcharge is for the premium version of the sunrider soft top which is a slightly different fabric.

So no additional charge for the base soft top, $595 to get the premium top.

If you order the three piece hardtop you do not get a soft top, just the hard top

If you order the dual top group you get a hard top and a soft top.

If you order a hard top you can still buy the soft top later from the dealer for about $1900 for the base top and a couple hundred more for the premium.

My 2 door Rubicon wasn't offered with the dual top option. I ordered the 3 peice hard top and have since purchased the base soft top ($1700) and installed it for summer.
I’m going with only the 3 piece hardtop from the factory. I’ll add a soft top on down the line. I appreciate everyone chiming in on this thread. This forum has a wealth of information on wrangler. So much reading to do. 👍
Sponsored