First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Moab, ‘22 HighTide, ‘59 Chevy Apache, ‘32 Ford
Occupation
Custom painter/freelance artist
Ok…so I’ve been following this thread for a couple months now…bought some Rubicon painted fenders that came with LED DRL’s/turn signals…one person said he did the swap and it was plug and play, a couple said they needed to have the vehicle flashed and then it worked, several said they tried the dealer route and it never worked. At my last oil change my dealer said they’d flash it, and if it didn’t take, they wouldn’t charge me…it didn’t take.
Based on my low mileage and extended factory warranty, I’m choosing not to go the Tazer route, don’t want to deal with remembering to have to remove stuff anytime I go to the dealer, I just want my (OEM) LED front turn signals to work.
So my (limited) understanding, is that the JScan route will potentially educate my JL to recognize the LED turn signals, and once it does, I can remove all aftermarket equipment and still have operable Turn signals without hyperflash and error messages on the dash?
Im good mechanically, as long as I’m given good instructions. Is what I want to do feasible, and what do I need and how do I do it?
Sponsored

Last edited:

garrege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Thank you -Chris!

I just purchased a 21 JLU used with 16K on it. It came with the factory LED package including the fenders. From day one, the fender DRL and turn signals did not work correctly. The Jeep service department spent 3 hours with it and could not fix it. I used your instructions below with the JSCAN and it repaired everything. Thank you.

With the JSCAN app open, and the bypass cable plugged into the wires under the dash and above the OBD plug, and the iCar adapter plugged into the bypass cable, you’re ready to go. Press the ignition button until the car is in run, but don’t turn it on. In the app, connect to the car.
  • Go to adaptation
  • Go to LED Lights Settings
  • Go to LED Front Park/Marker Lamps settings and change to activate
  • Go back, and go to LED Front Turn Lamps present, change to activate
  • Go back twice, go to DRL Daytime Running Lights configuration. In here, there’s multiple things you have to change:
  • DRL Configuration: Optional DRL
  • DRL Dropout Enable: Active (turns off bright white lamp when amber is flashing)
  • DRL Lamp Location: Dedicated
  • LED Dedicated DRL Present: Active
  • Left Dedicated DRL Lamps Output Present: Active
  • Right Dedicated DRL Lamps Output Present: Active
I'm completely baffled why I can't get my DRLs to automatically go on (without using the dash knob).
I've done all of these steps using the JScan app and Vgate.
I even successfully altered the Radio Settings to see the selectable DRL on/off button.
All of my settings look like this above.
For what it's worth, I have a 2023 Sport S with factory LED headlights and Rubicon fenders with LED DRLs.
Any suggestions?
I assume taking it to the dealer will be a lost cause and they'll be confused like me. Is there a shop in Orange County that knows this stuff?

thanks

garrege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I finally figured it out, they work now.
Interesting fact I just learned, your DRLs won't come on when the parking brake is set.
Sponsored