Adding Daytime Running Lights - 2021 Willys

Erbyderby

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys JLU
I have a 2021 Willys with the LED light package. I had no idea that it did not have the DRL in the fenders like the Rubicon. All I have are my LED Halos.
What is my best option to get LED DRL like a Rubicon?

Also…. What is the best option for different color (red) halos for DRL?

Thanks in advance! Jason
Sponsored

CrimsonGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I have a 2021 Willys with the LED light package. I had no idea that it did not have the DRL in the fenders like the Rubicon. All I have are my LED Halos.
What is my best option to get LED DRL like a Rubicon?

Also…. What is the best option for different color (red) halos for DRL?

Thanks in advance! Jason
Be careful about running red halos. Most states have laws that ban non white forward facing lights, especially red and blue.

dapipp

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler X (TJ), 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (JL)
Personally I am not a fan of DRL's. There is nothing worse then coming up from behind another vehicle in inclement weather and not realizing they are there because they have no tail lights. They never seem to realize they are a hazard because they only have DRL's.

I believe it is safer to run with full lights on all the time. I also get tired of turning my headlights on and off because the jeep will not quit beeping if I leave the switch in the "on" position. To get around that issue I modified my dash so my lights work all the time without my assistance.

See post: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-except-headlights-in-auto.71222/post-1490300

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer