Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wrangler 2dr

MarkTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I have been watching this thread (thanks!) and I have started my own aftermarket amp project. However, I have the premium Alpine system and I am stuck trying to find a connector for the OEM amp. I am trying to create a harness that will fit between the two OEM male speaker harness connectors and the two female OEM amp connectors they plug into. Referring to the following picture from earlier in this thread, I think I have located the correct male/female 22-pin connectors (Metra 71-6522 for the male and Metra 70-6522 for the female). I also found a vendor that sells Axxess part# OESWC6522H that looks to be the male and female 22-pin connectors all pinned out with pigtails. But I can't find the 10-pin connectors anywhere. I have inquired with some online vendors and still no luck. Does anyone know the part number(s) for the 10-pin connectors or where I can get them??

upload_2019-7-29_22-56-52.png

View attachment 208779

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Jeffmiller32

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 2016 Mustang GT
I have been watching this thread (thanks!) and I have started my own aftermarket amp project. However, I have the premium Alpine system and I am stuck trying to find a connector for the OEM amp. I am trying to create a harness that will fit between the two OEM male speaker harness connectors and the two female OEM amp connectors they plug into. Referring to the following picture from earlier in this thread, I think I have located the correct male/female 22-pin connectors (Metra 71-6522 for the male and Metra 70-6522 for the female). I also found a vendor that sells Axxess part# OESWC6522H that looks to be the male and female 22-pin connectors all pinned out with pigtails. But I can't find the 10-pin connectors anywhere. I have inquired with some online vendors and still no luck. Does anyone know the part number(s) for the 10-pin connectors or where I can get them??

upload_2019-7-29_22-56-52.png

View attachment 208779
https://catalog.pac-audio.com/catalog/amplifier-integration-harness/aph-ch01

Pressuregarage

First Name
Kaimana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Operating Engineer Local 3
Not sure if it’s been posted yet, But JL Audio’s Fix86 now has the load sensor adapters for vehicles like ours so no need to solder resistors.
FiX-LSA-4
02783D38-6C7E-420F-99E8-1094B04929DB.png

Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Not sure if it’s been posted yet, But JL Audio’s Fix86 now has the load sensor adapters for vehicles like ours so no need to solder resistors.
FiX-LSA-4
02783D38-6C7E-420F-99E8-1094B04929DB.png
Why does it have 1 star out of 5 lol.

OP
OP
Sting_NC_USA

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hell if I know lol, I just bought one soooo I’ll review it after it’s installed
Way back in the original post, I shared that the LSA-4 didn't have the proper tolerance to bypass the load sensing check of UConnect. I'd be very interested to see if there's an update that actually makes it functional. Here's the quote, but do let us know if they've updated it. If they have, I'll amend the original post.

"The JL Audio FiX-LSA-4 (a device similar to the AudioControl AC-LGD, but made by JL Audio) didn't work at all with the Jeep's load sensing issue. I spoke with a JL Audio tech, and this seems to be a known issue they'll likely address soon. The reason appears to be related to a difference in the Ohm load our stereo systems require vs. others."​

Jeffmiller32

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 2016 Mustang GT
Has anyone installed the Alpine power pack? All the components And speakers I have been looking at have such a low RMS since they are 4” so I think the 50x4 would be ideal. Plus it’s so small and can fit anywhere.

I just ordered the new PAC Amppro for the non amplified JL. I’ve already got my sub hooked up with just a standard LOC but the bass roll off sucks so I’m upgrading. I had the Amppro in my Ram with the alpine and for what it’s worth I think is a better value than the JL fix since it give you a flat signal, bass control, and all the RCAs you need without having to cut and splice. Plus it’s more than $100 less and no resistors required. Might add the JL TWK.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
Well, I finally broke down and bought everything I need to get my system bumping. I ended up buying the PAC AMP4-CH41 R.2 adapter for non amplified systems. I then bought a Kicker 1000 watt 5 channel Amp with DSP built in. JL Audio C2 speakers for front top of dash and sound bar and the JL Audio 10TW shallow mount sub. I'll make a sub enclosure similar to the JL Stealthbox. Wish me Luck!! I'll do a write-up.

Sponsored

robmoz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
Well, I finally broke down and bought everything I need to get my system bumping. I ended up buying the PAC AMP4-CH41 R.2 adapter for non amplified systems. I then bought a Kicker 1000 watt 5 channel Amp with DSP built in. JL Audio C2 speakers for front top of dash and sound bar and the JL Audio 10TW shallow mount sub. I'll make a sub enclosure similar to the JL Stealthbox. Wish me Luck!! I'll do a write-up.
One note about the Kicker amp with build in DSP. I installed the 4 ch version and what I found was that at even moderate volume it will "reboot" when ESS restarts the vehicle meaning the sound cuts out for about a second. I think it gets into an undercurrent / undervoltage state. I tried a bunch of ways to mitigate it and was unsuccessful in solving it. Ultimately I decided on disabling ESS because I hate it anyways and obviously that solved the cut out issue. Good luck!

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
One note about the Kicker amp with build in DSP. I installed the 4 ch version and what I found was that at even moderate volume it will "reboot" when ESS restarts the vehicle meaning the sound cuts out for about a second. I think it gets into an undercurrent / undervoltage state. I tried a bunch of ways to mitigate it and was unsuccessful in solving it. Ultimately I decided on disabling ESS because I hate it anyways and obviously that solved the cut out issue. Good luck!
Thanks for the heads up. Ya I disabled ESS already. I just can't wait to actually get some good sound through this thing.

Jeffmiller32

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 2016 Mustang GT
Do you need the Fix 86 if you go with the VXi series amp?
There was a post about it a couple of pages back. The Fix and TWK or VXI amp do two different things. The Fix gives the flat signal and takes away all the factory processing. The TWK is a DSP to fine tune, add time alignment, etc.

I think the Fix is more beneficial than the TWK. But you can get the PAC Amppro for both alpine and non-alpine now. It does a lot of what the Fix does and then add the VXI amp.

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Corolla S, 2018 JL Sport S Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
The front cigarette lighter seems to be the easiest and most convenient location.

20180811_172814.jpg
Is it okay to tap into the black wire for ground? I already tapped into the front accessory for power.

I want to run one more wire for dual USB chagers to the rear center console. I was wondering if that's okay and how many wires can I run from that front cigarette lighter?
Sponsored