First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
@Sting_NC_USA quick questions
with PAC unit reverse warning chime gets changed to PAC sound is there any way to get back OEM sound ?
not sure if is just me i have feel like the reaction got slower..
Bluetooth : OEM used all 4 speakers for phone talk but PAC uses only front left

thanks again!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sting_NC_USA

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@Sting_NC_USA quick questions
with PAC unit reverse warning chime gets changed to PAC sound is there any way to get back OEM sound ?
not sure if is just me i have feel like the reaction got slower..
Bluetooth : OEM used all 4 speakers for phone talk but PAC uses only front left

thanks again!
The PAC software (for your computer) allows you to disable the PAC's Chime. What I don't know is if disabling the PAC's chime reverts back to the original, stock method.

Why not download the software onto a laptop, connect it via the supplied USB cable and try turning the chime off. It would be great if you could post whether that works or not.

Also, while you're in there, check for a firmware update, and it's been recommended to me to turn off the PAC's EQ.

Last edited:

Biconia

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
The PAC software (for your computer) allows you to disable the PAC's Chime. What I don't know is if disabling the PAC's chime reverts back to the original, stick method.

Why not download the software onto a laptop, connect it via the supplied USB cable and try turning the chime off. It would be great if you could post whether that works or not.

Also, while you're in there, check for a firmware update, and it's been recommended to me to turn off the PAC's EQ.
turning the EQ off its just same , im going with FIX86 and get rid of this PAC

turned the CHIME off option from PAC make Fully MUTE for reverse warnings so i guess there is no OEM buzz option here

really i have no idea how this HISS is coming from think i tried almost everything i can do on this car...

now kind scared about this HISS things , hope with FIX86 i wont get this issues..

thanks @Sting_NC_USA for all the help here ill update when FIX86 arrives !! :)

sandor.g

First Name
Sandor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Gladiator Hard Rock rims, MOPAR 2" lift
Occupation
Project Manager
turning the EQ off its just same , im going with FIX86 and get rid of this PAC

turned the CHIME off option from PAC make Fully MUTE for reverse warnings so i guess there is no OEM buzz option here

really i have no idea how this HISS is coming from think i tried almost everything i can do on this car...

now kind scared about this HISS things , hope with FIX86 i wont get this issues..

thanks @Sting_NC_USA for all the help here ill update when FIX86 arrives !! :)
let us know of the hiss remains with the fix86. I want to know if the PAC was faulty or you have some wiring issue somewhere.
I got a PAC too and want to know if I should build that in or not.

Biconia

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
let us know of the hiss remains with the fix86. I want to know if the PAC was faulty or you have some wiring issue somewhere.
I got a PAC too and want to know if I should build that in or not.
prob is just me with HISS issues since i upgraded the Radio from 7" to 8.4" output already got messed up ( is what i am thinking )
so only awnser for now will be FIX86... my finger crossed my supplier get everything ready by tomorrow so i can end this battle tomorrow...
will be updating here with new setup :)

Sponsored

MikelMD

First Name
Mikel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLU
Occupation
Principal Sales Engineer, Public Sector
Ok, This weekend I have completed 95% of the audio upgrade (Amazon missed the mark on my soundbar speakers). With the Dahboard apart, I ordered PE4 paint, primer, sealant, sand paper and completed the color upgrade to the Dashboard. A HUGE shout out to Michael (@Sting_NC_USA ) for being there when I needed someone. Without out your help, I would have been screwed! Let me also say, that IF I knew that I was going to have to take the entire dash apart (Micheal has informed me that he performs these installs and does not go as far as I did) I would have NEVER done it - AND that would have been a shame. It is A LOT scarier than it really is!. So, learned lessons:
Have someone to help when U get stuck.
I used blue tape to remind me which hole gets screws.
Take your time.

As it stand now, she looks great and the sound is AMAZING!

Oh, and even with all the precautions, I have two EXTRA screws!!!!

Here to help....

IMG_3653.jpg

IMG_3655.jpg

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
As it stand now, she looks great and the sound is AMAZING!

Here to help....
Haha! That is what I am worried about!!:LOL: I start mine later this week.
Pretty work sir!
:clap:

MikelMD

First Name
Mikel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLU
Occupation
Good luck! Here if u need anything!

OP
OP
Sting_NC_USA

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Here to help....

IMG_3653.jpg

IMG_3655.jpg
It's possible those are the two extra screws that held your old speaker pods in. Each of the screws was located under the side dash panel's removable flap and secured the outer portion of the factory speaker pods. The Metra Pods, if I recall correctly, don't use those screws.

MikelMD

First Name
Mikel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLU
Occupation
OMG! That’s it. The extra screws are from the “old connector” that’s I removed from the old pod to add to the new setup! That was the reason that the radio did not work the first time I tried whew. I feel better.

Sponsored

Artvandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
In post 1, the initial write up talking about bass and premium systems. I know there’s a 5”, 7” and an 8.4”... are you meaning that the base is the 5 inch and the 7 inch or does it just simply pertain to whether or not you have the Alpine subwoofer?

OP
OP
Sting_NC_USA

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
In post 1, the initial write up talking about bass and premium systems. I know there’s a 5”, 7” and an 8.4”... are you meaning that the base is the 5 inch and the 7 inch or does it just simply pertain to whether or not you have the Alpine subwoofer?
The manual has the systems listed as Base and Premium, and here's @x7tristan's post with the two wiring diagrams noted at the top: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jeep-jl-wrangler-wiring-diagrams.19185/

My understanding, as I've not worked on a 5" system, is that Premium is the configuration with an external amp and sub, and the others are the base. Whatever you do, just make sure the wiring colors match that of the post and the link above.

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Is everyone using a piggyback fuse holder and tapping into the cig lighter at the fuse box or crimping into the cig lighter near the dash?

I like the idea of the piggyback but want to source the correct one and what amp fuse for the remote wire?

Biconia

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
hi members
first big shout out to @Sting_NC_USA for all the help from the first till end
i had the Pac unit from first and having some HISS noice issues course MIKE was still trying to help with PAC but i just got tired and wanted to jump "The old school" version of the MIKE yes everything was wired and soldered how Mike explained on this first page
yes i followed all his instructions and guide from Mike with JL Audio FIX 86 last night installed FI86 signal harness everything looks fine but i couldn't calibrate the unit , today from the morning i maded another harness with Resistor thinking maybe something is wrong with the harness i made.. but exact same issue as previous.. think i did like 100 calibrations... and asked for help to MIKE and he was nice to call to my Phone helping to get resolve my problems talking and comparing things together yes! we found the problem!! :)
was the Calibration file... i got the Calibration file from CD in the box... and that was the Gate to HELL lol
we downloaded new file from JL Audio web and yes!!! all 4 light is green!! again Mike Thanks so much for all your help to get me here

car sound amazing even my amp is not adjusted yet !

PS : if you guys are getting Jl Audio Fix86 do not use the Calibration Disk that are included in the box Download from the WEB is 20MB + file

hope everyone has safe and nice day!!

KakaoTalk_20200415_165927859_01.jpg

KakaoTalk_20200415_165927859_02.jpg

KakaoTalk_20200415_165927859_04.jpg

OP
OP
Sting_NC_USA

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome to see those 4 Greens! Congratulations and enjoy that system!
Sponsored