Adding an Aftermarket Amp(s)

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
Does anyone know the approx length of speaker wire I need to run all new speaker wires with my install (dash, knee, soundbar and sub)?. I want to make sure i have enough before I get started. Thanks
Where are you mounting the amp(s)?
Sponsored

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
under the front seat (I haven't decided if passenger or driver side though)
I'd pick passenger side, closer to the stock speaker bar runs and sub. A lot of this will depend on what your driver/channel plans are. Maybe start with 75' for 5 channels... kind of a guess since I don't know what your plans are.

I'd plan on going under the carpet and up the center of the dash in front of the console. For dash runs you'll need 10' per side/channel (double this if you're doing separates - top dash and lower speaker pods separately). The stock speaker bar run goes up the B pillar on the passenger side but based on how many runs/speakers you're wiring plan on ~12-16' per run for 2 channels (minimum). Again it will depend on how many channels. The stock Sub location is 8-10' from the pass seat, assuming you're putting all the wiring behind the door surround plastics/carpet in the rear.

botlfed98

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
If you're planning on running new wires to each speaker, then leave it unhooked.
so w/PAC module can you leave factory speakers and not run off external amp, essentially just add sub/amp?

Sponsored

SirMixalot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU
I have read until I'm confused. All I want to do is add a sub + box and an amp to the factory system. Where do I tie in the LOC? Do I need a specific LOC? And just run the amp power to the battery passenger side? Remote from cigarette lighter? What else am I missing? Thank you for your help

lashlee

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR 2.0 Turbo 4 (Wife's), Tesla M3P (mine)
@SirMixalot It depends on what OEM system you have. If you have the non Alpine one you can tie onto any of the midbass speakers (either from the lower dash or the b pillar where the soundbar wiring is) to feed signal to the LOC. Depending on which LOC you choose, the better ones will have signal sense that will give you a remote output to turn the amp on.

If you have the Alpine, you can do the same as above or tie onto the sub signal going to the OEM sub.

Power goes up to the battery, I would use the grommet on the drivers side, but it depends on whats easier for you.

SirMixalot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU
I have the alpine system. Are you sure I can use the oem sub wiring for the LOC? I bought the audio control lc2i. Crutchfield said I have to use the oem amp output for the LOC but I do not have a diagram. I'm just wanting to add better bass 🎸

ryan2100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
I am running my 4 gauge amp power wire through the firewall on the driver side grommet, where the clutch assembly goes on manuals. My question is, what is the best way to get the power wire from under the brake/gas pedal area to the passenger side seat, where my amp will be located.

through the dash? Through the center counsel?

ryan2100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
I am running my 4 gauge amp power wire through the firewall on the driver side grommet, where the clutch assembly goes on manuals. My question is, what is the best way to get the power wire from under the brake/gas pedal area to the passenger side seat, where my amp will be located.

through the dash? Through the center counsel?
I figured it out. I ran it under the drivers seat and across under the center console. There is an opening for easy passage.
Sponsored