ADAS camera with UConnect 8.4?

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
I have a 2018 JLUR with the 8.4 UConnect screen. The 2019 JL has optical collision warning. There are dash cams that include ADAS advanced driving alarm systems. Some include LDWS, lane departure, FCWS, forward collision warning.
They broadcast the warnings via WiFi.
ADAS uses Android apps. Can the 8.4 UConnect use these Android apps and receive 1) video images from the dash camera; 2) ADAS warnings?
Sponsored

Soccermike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JK unlimited
I think the forward looking ADAS uses Radar and doesn't produce a video image.

OP
OP

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My ADAS camera uses video imaging along with AI processing. I presently have a medium sized Android tablet connected to the camera.
The camera is usually connected to the vehicle's WiFi video system but I have been unable to get it to directly communicate with the UConnect system. For more advanced vehicle systems, you plug the camera into a USB port and the vehicle's video can put the ADAS camera view on its dash display.
My ADAS camera can recognize stop signs, speed signs, vehicles in front along with their speeds and distance from my Jeep, the camera can also warn about impending collisions and lane wanderings.

alkapin

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLUR, 2014 White GL350
My ADAS camera uses video imaging along with AI processing. I presently have a medium sized Android tablet connected to the camera.
The camera is usually connected to the vehicle's WiFi video system but I have been unable to get it to directly communicate with the UConnect system. For more advanced vehicle systems, you plug the camera into a USB port and the vehicle's video can put the ADAS camera view on its dash display.
My ADAS camera can recognize stop signs, speed signs, vehicles in front along with their speeds and distance from my Jeep, the camera can also warn about impending collisions and lane wanderings.
Are you saying there is a way to connect extra cameras to the Uconnect screen on the 2018 JLUR? That would be super useful for many offroad scenarios when driving alone. Front view camera, wheels cameras, etc.

OP
OP

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You need to actually read my question rather than assuming you know the answer before I asked! My ADAS camera can interface with some other vehicles so that the video feed can be displayed on the dash screen. I wanted to find out if someone knew any method by which my camera could interface with the UConnect 8.4 system. I guess the answer is no...the difference between Japanese/Chinese technology and American/European.
Sponsored