Sponsored

A couple soft top questions

mtnsurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Ford Expedition, 2018 JLUR Punk'n
Follow up question/comment on the top down position. The manual states the velcro strap should be used to hold the soft top bars together (pg 147 of the manual). I notice it flops up and down still, so I secure the bar(s) closest to the frame together.

Thoughts, anyone do something different?

20180610_170045.jpg
When you put it down, did you lock it and hear it click?
Sponsored

mtnsurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ditto. The first time I put it on I thought something was wrong but now it’s good. The only “problem” I’ve had is the small flap on the bottom right on the back window. It doesn’t seem to want to stay tucked in.
I have the same problem with the bottom right flap.

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
When you put it down, did you lock it and hear it click?
I never got a solid click noise. Does yours stay tight when it's locked? I put a bit of weight pushing the top down to engage the lock and the lowest portion was wedged down against the infamous light/washer holder good, but the lock didn't seem to hold it down.

Maybe push harder?

mtnsurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I never got a solid click noise. Does yours stay tight when it's locked? I put a bit of weight pushing the top down to engage the lock and the lowest portion was wedged down against the infamous light/washer holder good, but the lock didn't seem to hold it down.

Maybe push harder?
It does stay tight when locked. I do hear a click when I push down on each side. I had to pull the holder and just let it dangle in the rear, this is a design flaw.

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
It does stay tight when locked. I do hear a click when I push down on each side. I had to pull the holder and just let it dangle in the rear, this is a design flaw.
I thought I put a bit of weight on it without getting a click, but I'll try next time I lower it all the way now that I know it should. It was the first couple times I tried, so maybe it will loosen up.

EDIT: Thanks mtnsurfer!

mtnsurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought I put a bit of weight on it without getting a click, but I'll try next time I lower it all the way now that I know it should. It was the first couple times I tried, so maybe it will loosen up.
I flip the lock on each side and then push a bit on each corner to get the click. I would take a video for you, but I just put the hard top back on to go camping (want to keep cooler in jeep and have a little protection from bears). I will put the soft top back on in a couple of weeks when I get my top lift (june 20th hopefully)
Sponsored