AUjeepgirl23

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Rubicon JLU 2.0 Turbo
Hello!

One thing that drives me crazy on my JK is how easy it is to accidentally bump the gear shifter and switch the auto to the manual function. Happens all the time. Is the true for the JL as well?

And for those that have Bartact seat covers, how do you guys wash them? I have a couple of spots I need to try to remove. I removed the back seat covers and put them in my washing machine. Didn’t make enough difference to me to make the hassle worth it for the front seat covers.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@AUjeepgirl23

Well, To me it is not as easy as say it was with JK's.... I gather your dog has bumped the JK shifter on occasion... 8-)

As for the Bartact's, have you tried OXI CLEAN MAX FORCE, laundry stain remover. I have found it easily takes stains out of the Wrangler JK's cloth seats so I do believe it will work on the Bartacts. Soak the area with the Oxi, scrub with a little scrub brush and let it sit with the Oxi, say 8-10 min and then hand rinse and dry. You can press a dry bath towel on the finished rinsed area to suck up the wetness.

OP
OP
AUjeepgirl23

AUjeepgirl23

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Rubicon JLU 2.0 Turbo
@AUjeepgirl23

Well, To me it is not as easy as say it was with JK's.... I gather your dog has bumped the JK shifter on occasion... 8-)

As for the Bartact's, have you tried OXI CLEAN MAX FORCE, laundry stain remover. I have found it easily takes stains out of the Wrangler JK's cloth seats so I do believe it will work on the Bartacts. Soak the area with the Oxi, scrub with a little scrub brush and let it sit with the Oxi, say 8-10 min and then hand rinse and dry. You can press a dry bath towel on the finished rinsed area to suck up the wetness.
Thanks for the suggestion on the Oxi Clean. I’ll definitely try that!

Southbend44

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting-Gray, 2004 TJ 4.0, 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
Hello!

One thing that drives me crazy on my JK is how easy it is to accidentally bump the gear shifter and switch the auto to the manual function. Happens all the time. Is the true for the JL as well?

And for those that have Bartact seat covers, how do you guys wash them? I have a couple of spots I need to try to remove. I removed the back seat covers and put them in my washing machine. Didn’t make enough difference to me to make the hassle worth it for the front seat covers.

Thanks!
I have used oxi-clean on my seat covers and it worked great - took care of the stain from a leaked through bag.

Sponsored

Simulacra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R UL
I've never owned Bartact covers but have used various other brands of waterproof seat covers and am an avid mountaineer so wash plenty of waterproof gear on a regular basis.

Most of these textiles are essentially the same thing in that they require some kind of treatment to become 'waterproof'. I have routinely washed similar gear in the washing machine using Nikwax tech wash or woolite (generic woolite works too.) Give it a proper rinse and then treat with Nikwax wash-in.

Nikwax_tx_direct_tech_wash_twin_pack_300ml.jpg

They also have a spray product too but I only use it for tents (for spot treatment.)

Works a treat.

If you are using spot treatments to get rid of stains since that's less of a hassle, I'd recommend getting a bottle of spray waterproofing and giving it a couple of spritzes after you've got it clean. Just to ensure that the moisture doesn't create mold in the seat foam after exposure to the elements.
Sponsored