New JL - Couple Questions

OP
OP

Mr.Wiggly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Altitude
I applaud the effort but all that to be able to use CarPlay is a bit much for me haha.
Sponsored

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I applaud the effort but all that to be able to use CarPlay is a bit much for me haha.
“All that” took about 30 minutes to install. Post #128 has my list of parts I used. Nice to be able to get in the Jeep and not have to plug anything in.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Curious. My Renegade does 5 cycles of the turn signal if you flip the lever lightly up or down. Sounds like the Wrangler does only 3???

OP
OP

Mr.Wiggly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
“All that” took about 30 minutes to install. Post #128 has my list of parts I used. Nice to be able to get in the Jeep and not have to plug anything in.
Maybe for you. Not for my mechanically deficient self haha.

Dp227

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6MT
My 2021 works in the console ***most of the time*** on my iPhone 13 Pro. It worked flawlessly on my XS Max.

I have read here that the capacitors in a USB A to USB C converter will smooth out the connection well enough to remove issues, but I’ve yet to try it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mr.Wiggly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm so why doesn’t it work on mine? So odd.

wnorton

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU, F350
Look at 67 Designs phone holders. I have the rail system and it’s great for holding my phone.
I too would recommend 67 design phone holder. I suggest one minor change though. I recommend using the 67 design bracket built for the 4Xe unless you need more than two arms.

it has a ball for the phone and a ball for a GoPro. Leaves 75% of the cubby for other uses.

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
Curious. My Renegade does 5 cycles of the turn signal if you flip the lever lightly up or down. Sounds like the Wrangler does only 3???
Correct, and no way to change the number of cycles. Even w/ the Tazer.

Yonettes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
I have my IPhone XR (newest software) plugged into the center console and CarPlay works fine.

Sponsored

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Hmmm so why doesn’t it work on mine? So odd.
Make sure you have a high quality cable (and not the one that came with the phone). Also try to use as short of a cable as you can. The longer the cable the more likely an issue. If it's going to just sit in the console to charge and use CarPlay you don't need a long cable anyway.

Also, most of those wireless CarPlay adapters work really well, even when plugged into the console usb. I have a friend who uses Pair and really likes it. I have an android, so my experience is different. But, I never had an issue using a good Anker cable for wired android auto from the center console and now I use a motorola ma1 wireless android adapter in the center console still with no issue. I have a '20

OP
OP

Mr.Wiggly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I purchased a solid cable and it works fine just doesn’t activate CarPlay in the center console. Guess I’ll call my dealer.

Kind of crazy it’s so inconsistent amongst owners.

gregeast

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
My '21 had issues w/Carplay using the USB in the center console, both when hardwired with a good cable and when I bought a wireless Carplay adapter.

Based on a thread on the forum, the issue seems to be slightly lower voltage/unstable voltage at the USB in the center console. I bought this USB to USB-C adapter on Amazon for $6.99 and it has completely solved my disconnecting problems.

Plug this into the USB in the console and then the wireless Carplay adapter into this and away you go. I 'think' what's happening is that this device has a capacitor in it that stabilizes the voltage coming out of the factory port, so that the Carplay adapter gets a steady power supply.

That said, I'm not an engineer and I haven't ever played one on TV.

Jeep Wrangler JL New JL - Couple Questions 51Y4vp58OvL._AC_SX679_

Dp227

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6MT
I just bought this… after replying earlier that it wasn’t problematic, I had an issue and figured why not give it a shot.
I will be using a cable, not a wireless adapter.

Will see and report back next week.

Jeep Wrangler JL New JL - Couple Questions 1661564833755