Sponsored

Couple newbie questions

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I'm a "frugal" DIY kind of person, and have done hitches, fore and aft, 4 pin and 7pin wiring.
In this case, my Base Sport will have this Factory option : upgraded alternator, battery, Aux Switches, 7 and 4 Pin harness, WARRANTY.
Many states require brakes on trailers, even so called small loads of 1000 lbs . Want to tow a small Pop Up tent trailer ? Electric brakes. Planning ahead for Future Adventures , and being ready for them, is part of the fun.
Sponsored

MikeM1968

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I think, if you’re handy with a wrench, some dealer / factory options are better purchased and installed yourself- others, it seems, are better actually ordered WITH your vehicle.

Like the 3 piece hardtop, for example, seems like the best deal is to order direct with your vehicle - sure, you might actually find a marginally cheaper price online somewhere, but the freight cost for something like that would be ridiculous

Alternately, you might find stuff like authentic Mopar JL / JLU sidesteps at a fraction of the cost on eBay or wherever with free shipping if you’re capable and don’t mind installing yourself.