8 Speakers and Upgrading?

Timmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited MOAB - 2019 RAM Limited
Now I admit math isn't my strong suit, but my window sticker says I have 8 speakers. I can find 2 knee speakers, 2 dash speakers, 2 roll bar speakers, and a sub in the back. I've repeatedly added this up and keep coming up with 7 speakers. So, where might the mysterious #8 be? ;)

I was looking to upgrade the fronts and cut down on what I feel is a ridiculous amount of highs. While I know it's been discussed occasionally here, I am open to suggestions on upgrading the dash and knee pad speakers if you know of any direct fit speakers you want to recommend?
Sponsored

Tpham

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler sport s
Now I admit math isn't my strong suit, but my window sticker says I have 8 speakers. I can find 2 knee speakers, 2 dash speakers, 2 roll bar speakers, and a sub in the back. I've repeatedly added this up and keep coming up with 7 speakers. So, where might the mysterious #8 be? ;)

I was looking to upgrade the fronts and cut down on what I feel is a ridiculous amount of highs. While I know it's been discussed occasionally here, I am open to suggestions on upgrading the dash and knee pad speakers if you know of any direct fit speakers you want to recommend?
Sounds like you have the Alpine 9 speaker setup with subwoofer(technically 8:1). Non Alpine has 8 with no subwoofer.

2 tweeters in the dash
2 speakers by the knee's
2 tweeters and 2 speakers in the soundbar
1 subwoofer

OP
OP
Timmay

Timmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score