6.4 Failed to Start

crazyjas

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
Engine failed to start this morning. Pressed start button and engine turned over for 5-10 seconds until I pressed start button again to stop turn over. Pressed Start button a second time and 392 fired up as usual. 675 miles and 62F. Anyone else experience this situation?
Sponsored

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Engine failed to start this morning. Pressed start button and engine turned over for 5-10 seconds until I pressed start button again to stop turn over. Pressed Start button a second time and 392 fired up as usual. 675 miles and 62F. Anyone else experience this situation?
No I have not, though there are tons of post scattered all over the Forum about checking your fuses. When I first got mine I checked and they seemed good.... in another thread I heard comments about the fuses again, so I decided to recheck. Rechecking my fuses there were only about 10 actually properly seated. They can look properly seated and not be. I would suggest going and checking your fuses, and give them all a really good push, you will hear a "click" when they become properly seated. The larger gray and black fuses all looked level, but none of those where actually seated as well, everyone when down about 2-3mm with a firm press, I didn't have to force anything. But go check your fuses.

OP
OP
crazyjas

crazyjas

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
No I have not, though there are tons of post scattered all over the Forum about checking your fuses. When I first got mine I checked and they seemed good.... in another thread I heard comments about the fuses again, so I decided to recheck. Rechecking my fuses there were only about 10 actually properly seated. They can look properly seated and not be. I would suggest going and checking your fuses, and give them all a really good push, you will hear a "click" when they become properly seated. The larger gray and black fuses all looked level, but none of those where actually seated as well, everyone when down about 2-3mm with a firm press, I didn't have to force anything. But go check your fuses.
Good Call! Checked that once I got some coffee in me and I remembered my '21 JLURD where out 3-4mm.

The 392 fuses were only out 1-2mm so maybe. . .

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

jlusmc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 TJ Rub, 68 CJ5, 47 CJ2A, 42 MB, 19 F-250
Occupation
Criminal Case Auditor
Have a buddy that is the Sales Manager at the local Jeep dealer. He told me the first 392 they received couldn't even get prepped for sale because it wouldn't start after being unloaded from the truck. Turns out it had a defective starter from the factory. Not saying that's the issue but it's worth noting.
Sponsored