Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
This lol Sums it up nicely. Nice to see Jeep have a bunch of options for differing needs of its drivers. I have 4XE needs with 392 desires but 2.0 is #1.
Exactly. I fit the 4Xe demographic easily, but that's a lot of money to throw down on a new Jeep. I'm not even sure I pay enough in taxes to get the full amount of tax credit either.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I think people ask the wrong question with the 4Xe. To me the question is whether it provides the power and torque to fill the spot that a 5.7 V8 or a 3.0L i6 Turbo would fill in the lineup.

Because that is where it currently sits and that is why those other powertrains haven't been introduced.

If it does that, then electric range is just a bonus.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I think people ask the wrong question with the 4Xe. To me the question is whether it provides the power and torque to fill the spot that a 5.7 V8 or a 3.0L i6 Turbo would fill in the lineup.

Because that is where it currently sits and that is why those other powertrains haven't been introduced.

If it does that, then electric range is just a bonus.
The numbers certainly say it fits the slot a 5.7 would fill. My dealer went and sold the 4Xe they had available for test driving, otherwise I would have driven it. They're probably not going to move the Rubi 4Xe blocked in by all of their hellcat stock out for someone not seriously going to buy it for me to test drive. lol.

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
What's the top speed of the 4xe or any other Jeep?
Is that 99MPH specific to the 392? if it isn't then its a design issue with the platform and not a negative for the 392 only so it shouldn't be in the negative column.
I don't know the specifics of the 4xe's hybrid programming but if it works like i hope it would the battery should never discharge unless you push the button for all battery use. the battery should be ready at all times for an acceleration boost and then get recharged by the engine and braking. just driving 500 miles should make no difference. If that is also true you can remove the "No battery, anemic acceleration" negative from the 4xe cloumn.
That is how it works... it's never really in an absolute mode. Hybrid mode, Electric, or eSave (save or recharge)... the difference is the bias toward electric or ICE. Regardless of which mode, the system will engage the other form of power if needed based on driver input. If you're in Electric mode and you floor it, the ICE will come on to supply more power. If you're in eSave mode and do the same, it will give extra power from the electric motors. It never absolutely locks out one or the other.

Also, even when it says the batteries are <1% it seems there's ample reserve and/or drawing off the ICE to keep power in the batteries. They had just taken mine off the truck at the dealer when I bought it and had not charged it. I drove home ~75 miles with it showing <1% charge on the batteries and left it in Hybrid mode, not eSave Charging. It always pulled from the batteries when it needed more power, or when I was going slow (hit some stop and go on the free way for a bit). Even with "no charge" showing, it still cut the ICE off and ran full electric at low speeds.

So, based on my personal experience, you should absolutely ignore the "no battery, anemic ICE only acceleration" comments as those seem to come from a theoretical perspective, not from someone who actually has hands on experience. Anyone who has driven a 4xe would not tell you that their acceleration is anemic. I'm coming from a 2019 Mustang GT, and the acceleration in the 4xe is both surprising and enjoyable. From a standstill, it shocked my wife, who was used to some spirited takeoffs in my mustang, and acceleration for passing surprised me, and the F-150 who, for some reason thought they weren't going to let me pass them on my way home from the St. Johns Saturday evening.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Choice is great. But I see a future where 4xE buyers feel superior over other buyers and will try to convince all others at any cost to have their choice as well. Just my own personal experience living in California.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Choice is great. But I see a future where 4xE buyers feel superior over other buyers and will try to convince all others at any cost to have their choice as well. Just my own personal experience living in California.
Rubicon owners already do that... nothing new. :bandit:

The worst decision in my life was buying a Sahara... or so I'm told...

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

It's not too late.

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
Everyone does this, to some extent. It's not a superiority thing, it's probably more of a personal justification thing. I went through the exercise of weighing my options and determined the 4xe to be the best choice and here's why...

Some people lose sight of the implied "for me" that comes after the "best choice" or take things personally for some reason and feel the need to denigrate others to make themselves feel better about their own choices. That goes both ways, and it gets exhausting, especially online.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

I buy Saharas just to piss off others. :like:

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
Does it has 375 hp and 470 lb/ft all day long or only when battery has sufficient charge?

oh, BTW I'm 75 and still super hard and long lasting(when had hand full of magic blue pills).....

jokes aside, still awesome to see more Technology, more choices, and more options.

Sponsored

Skeethree

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe, 2022 Rav4 Prime, 2020 Highlande Hybrid
Occupation
Architect
I have never gotten less than 25 miles all electric, and once 30 miles. Not bad for $2.25 in electricity. Gas mileage with no battery power left runs mid 20's, occasionally as high as 28. Still not bad. Lastly, there is no price premium for the 4xe. After the tax credit, it is several thousand dollars less than a base Rubicon with auto, Alpine, LED and Rock-trac full time transfer case options. Additional state rebates make the deal even better. There is no economic argument justifying purchase of a non-hybrid.

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
Does it has 375 hp and 470 lb/ft all day long or only when battery has sufficient charge?
Seems that way. Like I said, I've not experienced any situation where the electric motor didn't kick on to provide extra power when needed, including the 75 mile drive home from the dealer on "no charge".

Now, while cruising on the highway, I'm sure it's running without the electric motors at some point, just like some times it's running without the ICE, but when it needs both, they are both there running and providing the power.

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
What comparison? Nothing compares to a v8

afraid to come out? Get the hybrid or anything with an electric motor

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"

You should get a Rubicon 4xe, like I did. :LOL:
Sponsored