Sponsored

4xe recall - over 45k vehicles worldwide

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Then it's said only 1% of the vehicles under recall will need the battery replaced, so for the most part this is test, and back to normal for the vast majority of owners.
Sponsored

BarrelRider

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willy Sport
Wouldn't be bad getting a new battery, but it might be a dragged out process, maybe they will kick in a 4xe rental, while repairs are happening.
Yeah I can't decide if I want to be the 1% or not ha

Ron93YJ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
At 43,500 miles on my Jeep and probably 65% of those miles in electric I’ll gladly be in the 1% even if it means months of waiting. I’ll keep driving my Tesla rental.

Sponsored

ras815

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
Speaking of the rental: now that there's at least a recall check available, I wonder: does that mean they'll be stopping the allowance?

Kurlon

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4XE Rubicon, maybe?
Jeep called me today to see if I had gotten a rental. Nope, $60/day won't get me anything I'm allowed to tow with, like I explained when I opened my case. The good news is I got a clean bill of health after the B9A update and test so I've got my 4XE back just in time for my trip from Maine to FL and back next week.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Jeep called me today to see if I had gotten a rental. Nope, $60/day won't get me anything I'm allowed to tow with, like I explained when I opened my case. The good news is I got a clean bill of health after the B9A update and test so I've got my 4XE back just in time for my trip from Maine to FL and back next week.
How long was your 4xe at the dealership for the B9A work?

Wanna know if I should ask for a loner, mine goes in on Monday, but supposed to be warm and sunny, I can go a day without it, but if the weather is đź’©, I'll need a vehicle.

Kurlon

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4XE Rubicon, maybe?
It's an 8 hour process, I lucked out getting mine in yesterday around 2ish, they were able to start the job then, finished this morning.

Sponsored

Zombienation

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara stingray
Relieved to finally get the recall completed and be able to park in the garage again. I went in for a check engine light and they fixed the recall which is awesome. I wasn’t aware a fix was even available yet.

Kurlon

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4XE Rubicon, maybe?
So... I was going to wait till I was back for this post recall trip report but...

ME to FL towing a 6x10 cargo trailer and race program immediately after the B9A and defroster recall - First impression, charged fine on my Lvl 1 charger at home, no signs that Jeep dialed back the batt capacity and seems like I got what I'd expect for range and power out of the electric side, cool.

That was the last charge it got, 1500mi over two days, gas and go time. Got to FL, pulling off I95 and I got the dreaded shutdown, service charging system ASAP, shift to park on the dash, engine off, transmission either went to neutral despite showing a flashing D or it just opened both clutches 'cause coasting with no power, no regen. Pull to the side, come to a stop, shift to park and it tells me to press the brake and button to start, did so, radio reset and... back up and running. Grabbed my obd2 scanner and no codes, pending or otherwise? 1500mi away from home, a ton of money tied up into making this week so the dealership will get a call tomorrow to advise them of this, hope it gets me home.