Sponsored

4xE Order Status??

hammten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 PBJ JLUR 4xe
Thanks! I was embarrassed to bring it home with the highway tires! Just kidding. They actually looked decent.

Yea, I can't understand why Jeep doesn't give us more options on tires! That was $1400 I could have spent on other cool mods. Next on the list is switching out the tow hooks for blue ones!
My brother-in-law had the same or very similar highway tires on his 2020 Gladiator Sport. He hated them and was concerned with how it would handle country backroads in the middle of nowhere Wisconsin.

To help him out, I managed to find some 2020 JLUS take-offs that had Bridgestone Dueler A/T tires, and we swapped his stock wheels & tires to the JLUS stock take-offs. It was a night and day difference esthetically and functionally. With this said, itā€™s weird to see the JLUS 4xe come with only highway tires and not have any other option. Iā€™m sure other 4xe Sahara owners wouldā€™ve paid to upgrade to different stock tires. šŸ™ƒ
Sponsored

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Rims are stock. Tires are not. Wheels are 20". I love them and I never was a fan of black wheels until now!

Bill Reiter

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Toyota FJ Cruiser; '08 Yukon; '05 CTS-V
Those new tires look so much better than the stock highway tires. It now looks the way it should with BFGs. :rock:
Agreed 100%.

Does it now look G-Wagon'esque to anyone but me (the all-black with those cool black wheels)?

Robyn, j1st thing, congrats!!

2nd, just curious, did the $1400 you spend on the new tires include any credit from dealer for the highway tires?

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Looks better than the G-Wagon for what half the price or more? Is not just you. It really does resemble the GW. I say that all the time. Even more now with this one with the black wheels.

No credit. I didn't even ask about that. Assumed they would laugh at me. I brought them home in the back and will be putting them up for sale tomorrow for a great price. They have 10 miles on them!

Sponsored

Bill Reiter

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Toyota FJ Cruiser; '08 Yukon; '05 CTS-V
Looks better than the G-Wagon for what half the price or more? Is not just you. It really does resemble the GW. I say that all the time. Even more now with this one with the black wheels.

No credit. I didn't even ask about that. Assumed they would laugh at me. I brought them home in the back and will be putting them up for sale tomorrow for a great price. They have 10 miles on them!

Yes. FAR better deal than the GW!! The shiny all-black --with matching top, fenders, and wheels, it is striking how much it evokes the same vibe.

Damn cool!

Sponsored

Bohunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
Is it just me or is the tow hook and rubicon trim blue a different blue than the blue trim on the hood? If so that looks horrible to me. What were they thinking?? They look the same color on the Jeep site

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Is it just me or is the tow hook and rubicon trim blue a different blue than the blue trim on the hood? If so that looks horrible to me. What were they thinking?? They look the same color on the Jeep site
You know what, you're right. I thought it was the lighting of the Sarge Green one but you can also see the difference in the Yellow one above.

The tow hooks and Rubicon outline are in a light blue and the hood color is dark blue. Wow these guys clearly don't have any color aesthetic designers on their team

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
The tow hooks and Rubicon outline are in a light blue and the hood color is dark blue. Wow these guys clearly don't have any color aesthetic designers on their team
I couldnā€™t agree more with you and with @Bohunker . Iā€™m not usually one who is too concerned about color, but it is actually an eyesore when the colors donā€™t match like that.

And I keep hoping that those tow hooks wonā€™t look quite so ā€œbaby blueā€ in person. If my Rubicon looks like that when it arrives, I think Iā€™ll peel off the Rubicon decals on the side of the hood, and find someone to powder coat the tow hooks for me, so they are a darker blue!
Sponsored