Sponsored

4xE Order Status??

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
37's and 81 to 82 mph to the lake often. Speed limit is 75 mph on the roadway. It has no problem feeling stable. Now lets not talk about gas mileage at that speed.........
Sponsored

Mcwilldo

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
My sales rep called me yesterday and stated he spoke to factory rep. Said the rep stated that my order was complete and still sitting in storage waiting for shipment. Also said the hold up was due to the fact they are going through every unit with a fine-tooth comb because this is such an important launch. I have been given two different ship dates which have come and gone.
I received my build sheet on Thursday. Jeep chat said "my build is complete and has passed inspection, but it has been selected for additional inspections and currently does not have an estimated ship date." So I am guessing it is heading to the storage party with all the others!

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I received my build sheet on Thursday. Jeep chat said "my build is complete and has passed inspection, but it has been selected for additional inspections and currently does not have an estimated ship date." So I am guessing it is heading to the storage party with all the others!
I was told the exact same thing last Friday.. Hopefully they get their shit together and start putting these things on trains. My wife is growing impatient, and I’m tired of her trying to snag the keys for my JT.

rtk513

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2021 Sahara 4xE
Ordered 2/15
Sent to storage 3/1

I dont have a build sheet or window sticker yet

Sponsored

JandS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe | Exige S | R wagon | V Wagon | MB S65
We ordered on 1/25/21. Status still shows up as "not found" on this tracker: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...sticker-and-build-sheet-order-tracking.12503/

Any ideas why? We did order in yellow, but it is my understanding that shouldn't cause a significant delay.

These delays are industry wide thanks to the global chip shortage. On the bright side people reserved Broncos in June and will likely not see them until this June, so it could be worse.
I would think Jeep would prioritize the 4XE since they need hybrids to offset the CAFE impacts of their trucks and SUVs. On the other hand, there might be a specific 4XE chip/board that is unavailable right now and they're building the cars as far as they can and just waiting to slap the chip/board in when they arrive.

dudemind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I think I hold the record for being stuck on storage limbo. Been getting the "fully built but held for additional inspection or delivery" line since Jan 15. 🤷‍♀️

To be fair, my build did complete faster than a lot of people who ordered before I did. But we're all at the same point now, so doesn't really matter.

My worry is how this will negatively impact my battery longevity compared to others. Not sure how low of a charge my pack is sitting at, but lithium doesn't like to sit for prolonged periods above/below a certain sweet spot, and I rather doubt anybody is properly tending to the state of charge while in storage. Suspect this sitting around is causing irreversible harm to my battery pack, however small/large that may be. :(

Biggielol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be Rubicon 4xE
Ordered 2/1. updated today to "built and is pending installation of additional equipment". No ETA for dealer. Nacho Rubicon with almost all options (no advanced safety group, or window ties/door sills, etc)

Mcwilldo

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
We ordered on 1/25/21. Status still shows up as "not found" on this tracker: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...sticker-and-build-sheet-order-tracking.12503/

Any ideas why? We did order in yellow, but it is my understanding that shouldn't cause a significant delay.

I would think Jeep would prioritize the 4XE since they need hybrids to offset the CAFE impacts of their trucks and SUVs. On the other hand, there might be a specific 4XE chip/board that is unavailable right now and they're building the cars as far as they can and just waiting to slap the chip/board in when they arrive.
The GM at my dealer today said that all the 4xe’s are in storage and getting an exceptionally thorough inspection to ensure there are no unexpected problems, and that they will be released as a group mid March (whenever that is).

Sponsored

dudemind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
The GM at my dealer today said that all the 4xe’s are in storage and getting an exceptionally thorough inspection to ensure there are no unexpected problems, and that they will be released as a group mid March (whenever that is).
I think at least one GM somewhere has given this line, along with the "1-2 weeks from now" release ETA, for several weeks now. Mine gave me the exact same line back in January, and claimed they had a reliable source in the factory who told them this. Eventually somebody will be right on timing, the same way a broken clock is right twice a day. But I'm incredibly skeptical of the "exceptionally thorough inspection" claim. Either Jeep is giving this line directly to the dealerships, or it's a common appeasement tactic dealers use to convince customers there's a very good reason for the wait.

Last edited:

Mcwilldo

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
I think at least one GM somewhere has given this line, along with the "1-2 weeks from now" release ETA, for several weeks now. Mine gave me the exact same line back in January, and claimed they had a reliable source in the factory who told them this. Eventually somebody will be right on timing, the same way a broken clock is right twice a day. But I'm incredibly skeptical of the "exceptionally thorough inspection" claim. Either Jeep is giving this line directly to the dealerships, or it's a typical appeasement tactic dealers use to convince customers there's a very good reason for the wait.
Well said. They are at least getting their stories straight. Jeep chat also told me that my jeep was getting additional inspections, however they did not have an expected ship date.

CJ SCION

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUD Hardtop, 2016 JK 2-door Ragtop
Occupation
Tired Again
Hey folks, no worries. Sounds about identical to the diesel rollout. The thread in the 3.0 section went on relentless for weeks on end until deliveries began trickling out. Might have been the hottest thread on the internet at the time. In the end there were nearly 400,000 views and over 5,200 posts. Excruciating for those who had orders in.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/start-of-3-0-production.39520/

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon on order
I just spoke to Jeep Chat and they said the same thing about "built and is pending installation of additional equipment" and no ship date. I texted my sales person and he said it shows that the order is built and has been sent to the body vendor. He shows a ship date of 3/4 on his end. He and I agree it will be more like end of March/ First of April. He said once the Jeep is shipped it is another 3 weeks until it reaches them (Dealer is right outside of Austin). I ordered my 4Xe on 2/6 and got the Build sheet today.

dunehole

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sahara 4xe (on order), Subaru Legacy
I just spoke to Jeep Chat and they said the same thing about "built and is pending installation of additional equipment" and no ship date. I texted my sales person and he said it shows that the order is built and has been sent to the body vendor. He shows a ship date of 3/4 on his end. He and I agree it will be more like end of March/ First of April. He said once the Jeep is shipped it is another 3 weeks until it reaches them (Dealer is right outside of Austin). I ordered my 4Xe on 2/6 and got the Build sheet today.
Which dealership, I ordered from Mac Haik in Georgetown?
Sponsored