4xE Order Status??

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I think it's just the gas they put in it to get it shipped and received etc. The 4xe actually has a smaller tank. I think 17 gal versus 21 gal.

eLECTRICON

How did you guys decide on your choice of top? Were you forced to decide because of budget? I put some thought into it. On my JKU I had the dual top. I loved having the soft top for the ease of top less but I got tired of opening, closing and zipping windows especially when it started to rain because the weatherman was wrong! So I just kept the hard top on. I like the look better with the hard top and took off the freedom panels a lot and then switched to the Sunrider which was my favorite set up for the JK. Now we have the option for the Sky Top which is the Sunrider on steroids! What sold me on the Sky Top was the removable freedom windows. None of the other tops offer that so I decided on the Sky Top even at the high price.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
I like my Willy's color setup with the Billet Silver, black hardtop and black fenders. I wanted the same setup on the 4Xe Rubicon. You can get the regular Rubicon with that setup but the 4Xe has the black hardtop as the only hardtop option you can't get, so I got the colored hardtop with the black fenders. I plan on replacing the fenders in the future anyways.

Sponsored

N75

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 2dr
How did you guys decide on your choice of top? Were you forced to decide because of budget? I put some thought into it. On my JKU I had the dual top. I loved having the soft top for the ease of top less but I got tired of opening, closing and zipping windows especially when it started to rain because the weatherman was wrong! So I just kept the hard top on. I like the look better with the hard top and took off the freedom panels a lot and then switched to the Sunrider which was my favorite set up for the JK. Now we have the option for the Sky Top which is the Sunrider on steroids! What sold me on the Sky Top was the removable freedom windows. None of the other tops offer that so I decided on the Sky Top even at the high price.
I've had my 2019 Sahara with Sky One Touch for over two years now, and I'm considering ordering a 4XE. I will 99% order the same top again. There are downsides such as not being able to open up the Jeep as fully (rear glass and the sides of the top are not removable), slightly increased cabin noise (think soft top noise going under an overpass, but hardtop noise next to traffic on highway yet less wind noise than either hard or soft top), mine rattles at both front corners over every bump (after three trips to the dealer I gave up and live with it), the rear side windows that are removable need to be lubricated regularly or they squeak, etc.

BUT, push button/get topless is so hard to imagine not having. I open the Jeep up 10x more often than I would if I had to work for it.

The entire vehicle is a compromise, just depends on your priorities. If you like to strip the Jeep of all tops and run a bikini in the summer, this isn't for you. If you would lean toward a hard top but want more convenience get the Sky One Touch.

eLECTRICON

I've had my 2019 Sahara with Sky One Touch for over two years now, and I'm considering ordering a 4XE. I will 99% order the same top again. There are downsides such as not being able to open up the Jeep as fully (rear glass and the sides of the top are not removable), slightly increased cabin noise (think soft top noise going under an overpass, but hardtop noise next to traffic on highway yet less wind noise than either hard or soft top), mine rattles at both front corners over every bump (after three trips to the dealer I gave up and live with it), the rear side windows that are removable need to be lubricated regularly or they squeak, etc.

BUT, push button/get topless is so hard to imagine not having. I open the Jeep up 10x more often than I would if I had to work for it.

The entire vehicle is a compromise, just depends on your priorities. If you like to strip the Jeep of all tops and run a bikini in the summer, this isn't for you. If you would lean toward a hard top but want more convenience get the Sky One Touch.
Thank you for you input. Im at the age now where I like less work more convenience.

19JTRubiconEcoDiesel

First Name
JoLHY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.8JKUX6MHD, 3.6JLUR6MPT, Deciding/waiting on Sarge JTRD or JTR4xe
Thank you for you input. Im at the age now where I like less work more convenience.
This is the reason I ordered my 2019 JLUR with SkyOneTouch

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
My ship date is now set to 1/26. Anyone else get any ship or delivery date updates?

Sponsored

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Demonic, when did you place your order?

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My ship date is now set to 1/26. Anyone else get any ship or delivery date updates?
Nope. Just confirmed as received though mine was behind most people on this site.

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Demonic, when did you place your order?
Order confirmation date in the system is 11/28. When I checked with Jeep Chat about a week ago they didn’t have any new info. I asked my dealer to send me an updated print out of the order today and it now has the ship date.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Once they are in full swing on production, I wouldn't think it would take a long time to get to the orders and get them done. Even the first production one they had video of didn't have a 4Xe model behind it.

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
This seems like good news then. I ordered mine 12/1. Will be 6 weeks this Wednesday.
Sponsored