4xe Generator Charging

Capt Milks

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I have been going in circles about charging while primitive camping. If cost doesn't matter you could get a lithium battery pack, at least 8kw, and probably charge overnight, 11 plus hours. However the cost of the battery pack would be over 5K at today's pricing. Too costly for me. Going with a generator inverter you could charge, 110, with a 2,000 watt generator. But again you would be running it for 11 plus hours. Running a generator all night kinda defeats the purpose, cost and practicality wise. The next would step up to a 220V inverter generator. The weight and size starts to be a issue. Yes you could get a level 2 charge in 2.5 hours making it more reasonable for camping. The Champion and Briggs/Stratton have 139 pound units that offer 220V. The other option is to charge at 30A 110. I have not been able to try this yet but figure your charging time is going to be at least 4 to 6 hours?
Bottom line is it doesn't make a lot sense, to me, cost wise to charge while primitive camping. But it should would be great to have a full charge on your first trail in the morning.
Sponsored