4-wheel Alignment Numbers/Recommendations

E_H_Taylor

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have a 2021 JLUR with 2" Mopar Lift and 37" tires. I upgraded the front upper and lower control arms to T3 Core 4x4 adjustable as well as upgraded the front track bar to T4 Core 4x4 front track bar. I took the Jeep to get a 4-wheel alignment and obtained the attached report. The shop indicated no adjustments were needed. I have seen a lot of discussion about having castor at or above 6 degrees and these numbers definitely look more like a stock Jeep versus a lifted Jeep.

What do people think of these numbers?

Thanks for taking a look.

JLUR Alignment.jpeg
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I believe that caster is less then what you had with Mopar lift LCAs. Definitely looks like stock numbers.

Many will tell you to get it above 6 closer to 6.5.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Well I would actually recommend getting some rear adjustable arms so you can square up the rear end and get a decent thrust angle before anything else. The front is going to be set by the rear and that is probably one of the worst I have seen. Once that is done I would recommend getting the caster to 6-6.5.

That thing is going to push to the right since it’s getting steered that way from the rear.

OP
OP
E_H_Taylor

E_H_Taylor

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I would actually recommend getting some rear adjustable arms so you can square up the rear end and get a decent thrust angle before anything else. The front is going to be set by the rear and that is probably one of the worst I have seen. Once that is done I would recommend getting the caster to 6-6.5.

That thing is going to push to the right since it’s getting steered that way from the rear.
Would lower adjustable be ok, or does it need both upper and lower adjustable rear arms?

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Would lower adjustable be ok, or does it need both upper and lower adjustable rear arms?
You are going to need upper and lowers for that. I would bet the right rear arms need to be lengthened close to 1/4” to square that up.

Sponsored

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Did you do adjustable track bar in the rear or at least a relocation bracket?

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
No just did adjustable track bar in the front.
OK, start there. You need either an adjustable rear bar or a relocation bracket. I would go with the bar myself. The rear is shifted from the lift, the angle of the rear arms are screwing up the thrust angle. Get it centered and then get the caster set to 6-6.5

OP
OP
E_H_Taylor

E_H_Taylor

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK, start there. You need either an adjustable rear bar or a relocation bracket. I would go with the bar myself. The rear is shifted from the lift, the angle of the rear arms are screwing up the thrust angle. Get it centered and then get the caster set to 6-6.5
What will the pinion angle be with 6 degrees of castor? Do I need to worry about changes to the pinion angle adjusting castor?

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
No, the JL has a FAD and the front driveshaft doesn’t spin unless it’s in 4wd. I run 7 on mine and so do a lot of others. 6 is honestly the minimum I would run.
Sponsored