Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
  • Banned
Here are the alignment numbers for my 2020 JLUR in stock form and after the 2" Rancho lift with their adjustable front and rear track bars and geometry correction brackets. As well as the 35" tires.

The first alignment was done at the dealership after the steering gearbox swap. The second by Belle Tire after the 35" tire installation.

The Jeep tracks very well despite the substantial change in the rear thrust angle numbers. I have read that as long as the Jeep tracks well, it is not that big of a deal. I also have read that if it was to get aligned multiple times, the numbers may be different each time depending on how it was racked up.

Do I need to be concerned with the drastic change in the numbers here?

Thrust Line Alignment stock form.jpg

Thrust Line Alignment Ruby.jpg
Sponsored

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
The top was before the lift and bottom after? If so I would check to make sure the rear track bar is adjusted right and the the read end is centered. My bet is it’s shifted to the right and the track bar needs to be lengthened.

OP
OP
Mikester86

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
  • Banned
The top was before the lift and bottom after? If so I would check to make sure the rear track bar is adjusted right and the the read end is centered. My bet is it’s shifted to the right and the track bar needs to be lengthened.
Yes, first one before and second after lift. I will double check it when I get my Jeep back from the dealership, its in for a cracked front axle vent tube.

Thank you for the reply, I did check it before and it appeared to be perfectly centered. I will definitely double check when I can.

OP
OP
Mikester86

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
  • Banned
Triple checked, and the rear axle is centered. I may get the alignment checked again in the near future to see it those numbers are true.

I am using the stock control arms all the way around with Rancho's front geometry correction brackets. So nothing more to adjust unless I add adjustable track bars.

The Jeep drives very good and tracks well too, crown/pitch of road dependent of course.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Triple checked, and the rear axle is centered. I may get the alignment checked again in the near future to see it those numbers are true.

I am using the stock control arms all the way around with Rancho's front geometry correction brackets. So nothing more to adjust unless I add adjustable track bars.

The Jeep drives very good and tracks well too, crown/pitch of road dependent of course.
Are you running a lift ?

Sponsored

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr

If you are positive the rear is centered I would run it. Depending if the shop used an over tire mount or a rim clamp they could have very well bumped a head on the machine before they printed the final. Would not be the first time and most definitely won’t be the last.

OP
OP
Mikester86

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
  • Banned
If you are positive the rear is centered I would run it. Depending if the shop used an over tire mount or a rim clamp they could have very well bumped a head on the machine before they printed the final. Would not be the first time and most definitely won’t be the last.
Thank you for your knowledgeable replies. Much appreciated.

I measured from the frame to the same spot on each tire tread and it is dead on.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
2" Rancho lift with their adjustable front and rear track bars and geometry correction brackets. As well as the 35" tires.
If your rig is driving/handling good, I wouldn’t worry about the thrust angle read out. It has to be off a lot to affect handling. I’ve seen it all to often, guys see that and automatically think it’s causing something, placebo effect.

The computer is hyper sensitive, and honestly you can get these things squared up and driving straight with eyeballs and tape measures.........just try not to read to much into it and enjoy it.......🙂

OP
OP
Mikester86

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
If your rig is driving/handling good, I wouldn’t worry about the thrust angle read out. It has to be off a lot to affect handling. I’ve seen it all to often, guys see that and automatically think it’s causing something, placebo effect.

The computer is hyper sensitive, and honestly you can get these things squared up and driving straight with eyeballs and tape measures.........just try not to read to much into it and enjoy it.......🙂
That's what I kind of figured too. Thank you very much.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
This......^^ happens more than it should. Also this is why the tech doesn’t mention it to the customer, they assume every Jeep is stock and not adjustable....so they assume it’s the way it was racked.
Sponsored