Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Raptor, 68 Y body coupe.
Occupation
G650 driver
Hi all,

After installing my RC 2.5 suspension lift, with shocks and springs, the Jeep pulled to the right a little. Today I had an alignment done, and it seems to mostly be solved. My question is, does it matter that it says 2016 JK? Are the JL and JK close enough to not matter?

The printer was broken, so all I got was this picture from the machine.

2m60b2f.jpg
Sponsored

YaThatAintRight

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon "THE LLAMA"
Occupation
Automotive Instructional Designer
Thanks for taking the time to reply! Feel free to delete now, and keep the shiny side up
I don't see any replies but it is clear that the combination of cross camber and caster is causing your pull. The shop should have been able to spot that right off the bat. To be honest I don't know how anyone would let it out of the bay with those numbers. More than 0.5 degrees of difference in camber or caster (or combined camber/caster) will cause a pull. You are at exactly 0.5

OP
OP
JJexp

JJexp

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
G650 driver
I don't see any replies but it is clear that the combination of cross camber and caster is causing your pull. The shop should have been able to spot that right off the bat. To be honest I don't know how anyone would let it out of the bay with those numbers. More than 0.5 degrees of difference in camber or caster (or combined camber/caster) will cause a pull. You are at exactly 0.5
The guy that had replied prefers to keep a bit of anonymity, and deleted his post after sharing his thoughts.

it sounds like further adjustment is in order, but is there anything else that can be done on the Jeep without buying adjustable suspension parts?

Last edited:

YaThatAintRight

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The caster is adjustable, so they can fix your pull by assuring your cross caster is 0. You would still have a little cross camber but not enough to cause a pull. That is all assuming nothing is bent and they haven't reached the adjustment limits.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
The caster is adjustable, so they can fix your pull by assuring your cross caster is 0. You would still have a little cross camber but not enough to cause a pull. That is all assuming nothing is bent and they haven't reached the
adjustment limits.
Just out of curiousity---Unless his "LIFT" mods included adjustable front LCA/UCA--how is the CASTER ADJUSTABLE ???

Whatever

JIMBO

Sponsored

YaThatAintRight

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ah, I ha
Just out of curiousity---Unless his "LIFT" mods included adjustable front LCA/UCA--how is the CASTER ADJUSTABLE ???

Whatever

JIMBO
Good catch, I hadn't looked up the 2.5" RC lift, I thought for some reason it had adjustable LCA's as part of the package........apparently I was mistaken. That limits the alignment options to loosening up the LCA's to see if they can use the play to get it closer to spec then cranking them back down........ adjustable lower control arms would obviously be more ideal.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Yeah, it was easy for me because I had adj LCAs in my '08 JKUR-

All the difference in the world-

JIMBO
Ah, I ha

Good catch, I hadn't looked up the 2.5" RC lift, I thought for some reason it had adjustable LCA's as part of the package........apparently I was mistaken. That limits the alignment options to loosening up the LCA's to see if they can use the play to get it closer to spec then cranking them back down........ adjustable lower control arms would obviously be more ideal.

OP
OP
JJexp

JJexp

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
G650 driver
Thanks for the input guys. Looks like I’ll have to just bite the bullet and buy the parts
Sponsored