Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
  • Banned
I apologize if this has been addressed - I tried to search through the myriad of speaker threads and didn't see anything.

I have a 2018 JLUS with the base audio system. I plan to order and install the Kicker 3.5" Dart upgrade speakers in the soundbar and dash. Has anyone found a worthwhile replacement for the 4" speakers in the soundbar? I'm not finding much that isn't a 2/3/4-way speaker. Besides these speakers, I am not planning any other audio-based upgrades.

This is the only thing that really stood out to me: https://www.amazon.com/DS18-PRO-Midrange-Loudspeaker-200W/dp/B01M8M87ET Any thoughts on how this would perform with just the stock head unit? Any other viable options?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Frank R.

Frank R.

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
  • Banned
I'm sorry to be a pest, but does anyone have any insight on whether the 4" speaker referenced above would be a viable replacement in the soundbar with the stock head unit? I'm really not up to speed on this kind of thing. Thank you.

joshua.mcguoirk

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 JLS, 1997 TJ & 2003 KJ
3.5" Dart speakers in the dash will be a performance gain. Not so much in the soundbar. No speaker modifications required and they direct connect.

People have had success with the 4.0" Kicker 47KSC404: Amazon.com: KICKER 47KSC404 KS Series Low Profile 4 Inch 4 Ohm 15 to 75 Watts RMS Power Factory Replacement Coaxial Car Audio Sound System Speakers (Pair): Electronics

Ensure you get the speaker wire adapter to fit the 47KSC404: Amazon.com: Metra 72-6514 Speaker Harness for Select Chrysler/Dodge Vehicles: Car Electronics

OP
OP
Frank R.

Frank R.

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
  • Banned
Thank you Joshua.

The reason I am looking at replacing the 3.5s in the soundbar is that the factory 3.5s in mine are blown. I'll be stuffing the bar with poly-fil as well.

Would I have any issues swapping the 4" drivers with a 2-way speaker like the ones you mentioned? I thought I had read somewhere that I needed to replace the drivers with other drivers, so I was not looking at 2/3/4-way speakers. If that is not an issue, it opens up quite a few more options.

joshua.mcguoirk

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 JLS, 1997 TJ & 2003 KJ
My research did not indicate any issues upgrading from a single to a 2-way.

Whether it be a 2-way, 3-way, etc., filters/blockers are preinstalled to prevent unwanted signal to the speaker preventing damage. If the sound is too bright in the soundbar, with the added tweeter installed on the 4.0", you could cut the wires. Otherwise, most people turn down the treble.

Sponsored

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
So anyone replaced the 4" with something else? Seems like the alternative is going with the SSV 6.5" mod and I'd rather not do that because I've already replaced the 2.5"s with Kickers that handle the highs nicely.
Sponsored