3 oil changes for $99

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Most people don't decline or even know the game being played. :( The dealer wouldn't play the game if they didn't win. I don't like dishonest people or tactics. I distrust dealers so much, I wouldn't put it past them to break something in order to get you in for a more costly repair. I won't afford "free".

My ancestors are the ones who started the whole dealership game too.. led to the first automobile dealership.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winton_Motor_Carriage_Company
The assumption that it is a "game" to get people to maintain their vehicles is ludicrous. What do you do for a living?
Sponsored

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon

MntsRcalln

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2011 Dodge Ram Bighorn, 1990 Totoya 4x4 Mod
I get this for my ram 1500. Includes tire rotation. 100 for 3. Been doing it for years. Ram holds 7 quarts. I do my own on the jeep.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Out of curiosity, how much does it usually run to get the oil changed on that? Do you use the 10w30 or 15w40?
I have a 2006 Dodge 2500 Diesel. It requires 3 gallons of oil, each change. So, I change my own oil.

The Pointer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One
nope not an advertisement, just trying to answer one of the posters questions about the deal as may have noticed I never mentioned the dealership I use. I am really a do it your Selfer, I change the oil on my 911 including all filter changes (air filters require rear bumper removal) and brake fluid and pads, I do the same on my Harley too. On my Rubicon I have done 2 oil changes and yes very easy as you do not need to jack the vehicle and I have changed front and rear diff fluid too. But as I mentioned it just a good deal (best deal I found was $30 for 5 quart oil then another $10 for a filter plus they do tire rotation) especially in the winter when my garage floor is very cold and I dont like working on vehicles in cold weather...
Yes, but the 911 oil change at the dealer is over $300.00. I called the Porsche dealer near me once to inquire about the oil change price for my boxster. 9 quarts and a canister filter. It’s one of the simplest oil changes that I have ever done too.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Yes, but the 911 oil change at the dealer is over $300.00. I called the Porsche dealer near me once to inquire about the oil change price for my boxster. 9 quarts and a canister filter. It’s one of the simplest oil changes that I have ever done too.
Find another dealer recently had my 911 oil changed at dealer for $150, what you are referring to Is an "oil service". there is a difference...

OP
OP

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
They won't tell you that an oil change "only" is available, but once the weather gets nice I will change myself, the oil filter is on top on the 991 911 and you have to remove the fan panel, other then that the drain plug is in the same and is simple to do, you can order the Mahle oil filters on Amazon at a reduced price...

The Pointer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One
Find another dealer recently had my 911 oil changed at dealer for $150, what you are referring to Is an "oil service". there is a difference...
Interesting, what’s an oil service? I have had the car for ever and never have read anything about that. I do lots of research too. They never mentioned anything about that. I called them because they sent me a coupon for their different services and I know it’s the oil change that I requested a quote for. I do all my own maintenance on the boxster also.

The Pointer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One
They won't tell you that an oil change "only" is available, but once the weather gets nice I will change myself, the oil filter is on top on the 991 911 and you have to remove the fan panel, other then that the drain plug is in the same and is simple to do, you can order the Mahle oil filters on Amazon at a reduced price...
That’s the brand I use and get my stuff from pelican parts. They have always been good to me.

OP
OP

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
That’s the brand I use and get my stuff from pelican parts. They have always been good to me.
Yes, pelican is a good source, do you belong to the PCA? you can find a wealth of knowledge through the club, before the 911 I had an 2006 Cayman S which was a really nice car, and did a lot of the maintenance myself, the PCA have service events at dealerships where you can use their lifts and techs are there to show you how to do things like brake pads, and you can use some of the equipment to do things such as brake fluid flushes...

The Pointer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One
Yes, pelican is a good source, do you belong to the PCA? you can find a wealth of knowledge through the club, before the 911 I had an 2006 Cayman S which was a really nice car, and did a lot of the maintenance myself, the PCA have service events at dealerships where you can use their lifts and techs are there to show you how to do things like brake pads, and you can use some of the equipment to do things such as brake fluid flushes...
Never joined the PCA, but they seemed like a great group of folks. I have a buddy that has worked on old Mercedes for ever and he has a nicely equipped work area and all the tools that I need to get the work done.
Sponsored