'22 JL Rubicon audio upgrade?

dougywarren

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 4xe Sahara
You can easily do the front dash speaker swap. Only need a plastic pry bar to pop the grill and a stubby screwdriver to remove and install the speakers. The wires are simple plug in assuming you buy the adapter wiring.

If you want to put bigger speakers in the sound bar then cutting is required. I can understand not wanting to tackle that if you aren't comfortable modding things.

Careful though... modding is addicting!
I might have to do that. Thanks
Sponsored

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
i emailed Alpine and they replied saying that I need to bypass the system with an upgraded amp + speakers. In my jku I put in the alpine head unit wra and the system really came alive. super loud and crisp. Awesome radio.
That is because the 130, 430 and 730 HU's were so bad. My 09 with the Infinity sounded great with the Tweeter, Speaker and Sub mod and a Pioneer HU.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
You can easily do the front dash speaker swap. Only need a plastic pry bar to pop the grill and a stubby screwdriver to remove and install the speakers. The wires are simple plug in assuming you buy the adapter wiring.

If you want to put bigger speakers in the sound bar then cutting is required. I can understand not wanting to tackle that if you aren't comfortable modding things.

Careful though... modding is addicting!
If you don't want to cut there is an option.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_6633JLJTAE/Select-Increments-JLJT-Pods.html

OP
OP
dragoneggs

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

CDRMidnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
^ Itā€™s a great modā€¦ took about 60 minutes or so, once I had everything (speakers, pods, boom mat, etc.). Hardest part is that youā€™re working ā€˜overheadā€™, which tends to take a bit longer.

I suppose you could take the sound bar off and do it on a bench, thatā€™s another option if you have that available.

And you canā€™t believe how much better it sounds afterwards!

Cheers,
-CM-

Sponsored

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did that at first. Very easy to install. I just needed it to go to 11 and the factory alpine amp just doesnā€™t cut it. It is picky about impedance. Just add a 6.5ā€ speaker and connect it to the small plug.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In fact if anyone is interested, since installing the Stage 6, I have a set of JLJT Pods with JL C2-650's and a pair of Tang Band 2" drivers. Also a pair of C2-350x that will fit in the dash. PM me if you are interested.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bummer. Curious how it turns out. Keep us posted with the final sound and what products
Finally got the install and the wiring and the amp sorted out. Breaking in the sub now.

bigfishbobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Rubicon, 2021 Willys
In our 2021 392, we have the alpine but it lacked thump. The subwoofer just had no azz. I had Best Buy install an upgraded kicker amp, disconnect the factory sub but leave it in place so I can easily hook back up the factory set up and put a small 10ā€ kicker sub (in a narrow box). Got the thump now and Iā€™m happy. Entire cost was around $850, but my install was covered by total tech.
Sponsored