2024 Rubicon X Tow Pkg and Aux Switches

retiredracehorse

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler TBD
Wait, what? They installed the wiring harness, end to end, but just not the switches? I've got to be misunderstanding something, I mean why would they do that?
I really hope this is the case. Mine is on its way to dealership and all signs point to it not having the aux switches and tow hitch. If the wiring is truly there then it makes adding the switches almost trivial which would make me feel much better.
Sponsored

Halxen

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I really hope this is the case. Mine is on its way to dealership and all signs point to it not having the aux switches and tow hitch. If the wiring is truly there then it makes adding the switches almost trivial which would make me feel much better.
That might actually make some sense considering the package is $95 vs what it previously was on other Rubicons. Curious if @Mike1971 has gotten things wrapped up with his dealer taking care of it and if so; maybe his dealer could confirm if all that was needed as the actual buttons and the wiring (including the two additional leads for engine-on and always-on accessories) are already present.

PeatedWhisky

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Rubicon on Order
Oh 100% I'm with you on that. It just makes this change all the more confusing. Why break out a new package for $95 and reduce the existing package by $50 for just this and all the confusion that has ensued? I mean the wiring is 95% of the work for both of these items. I know if my MSRP went up $45 because of an increase in the package cost, I would have felt that was understandable. Removing those items, is not.

I believe @DELAZ said his dealer quoted $1800 for the install, which was already crazy high, but with the wiring already in place is laughable. So if it was known that was the case, I really doubt that would have been their quote.

DELAZ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock
That's the number they threw out. It wasn't an official estimate. But regardless of cost, Stellantis should cover it :mad:

PeatedWhisky

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Rubicon on Order
That's the number they threw out. It wasn't an official estimate. But regardless of cost, Stellantis should cover it :mad:
Well they "should" have never removed items from a build that was listed under the standard equipment, but here we are.

If you are still interested in that Jeep, instead of restarting the whole order process, it might be worth it to have them check on the wiring situation and see what the cost would be if that wiring is already there. Should be a massively smaller number.

Sponsored

DELAZ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock
Well they "should" have never removed items from a build that was listed under the standard equipment, but here we are.

If you are still interested in that Jeep, instead of restarting the whole order process, it might be worth it to have them check on the wiring situation and see what the cost would be if that wiring is already there. Should be a massively smaller number.
Well the new order already went in. So it's $45 more and everything is from the factory. I don't mind the wait...though with the staffing issues in Toledo I wonder when they will start gearing up for the 2025's. Curious if they complete all 2024s or if they'll roll the order over to a 2025 or just cancel it?? It's not even scheduled for Production yet.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Well the new order already went in. So it's $45 more and everything is from the factory. I don't mind the wait...though with the staffing issues in Toledo I wonder when they will start gearing up for the 2025's. Curious if they complete all 2024s or if they'll roll the order over to a 2025 or just cancel it?? It's not even scheduled for Production yet.
They'll switch over, then it'll take months to get the remaining 24s pushed through. I forget how many months it took for the last of the 22s to get built (back when I was tracking those details).

Halxen

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None

Concurred. My dealer also said if they were to add it at the dealer it would be significantly more; which they are obviously assuming they need to be installing the whole kit, wiring included. It'd take them less than an hour to install the $60 switch box part if it is already pre-wired. If you're already that far in the process where you can't get it added at the factory it would certainly be worth seeing if this is the case with the dealer once they can actually check and have a proper idea of what work needs to be done.

morph860

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X 4xe, 2024 Grand Cherokee 4xe
This is live on the Jeep website now:

Jeep Wrangler JL 2024 Rubicon X Tow Pkg and Aux Switches 1711656867541-7

Both are still listed under Standard Features though.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2017 Toyota Highlander, 2020 Ranger
This is live on the Jeep website now:

Jeep Wrangler JL 2024 Rubicon X Tow Pkg and Aux Switches 1711656867541-7

Both are still listed under Standard Features though.
Interestingly, on the Jeep website, the Trailer Tow and Auxiliary Switch Group appears as an option on the Sport, Sport S, Sahara, and Rubicon X builds. Not however, on the Willys and Rubicon builds.
Sponsored