Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Update this morning from my dealer. Now it's in the tracker:

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Orders - Check in here Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 12.35.52 PM
Sponsored

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubi
Occupation
Stay at home mom/wife and puppy breeder
Great. The two things I literally wish I could have deleted from my 392XR (safety groups and tailgate reinforcement) are what are probably causing the delays.

The tailgate reinforcement will be removed almost immediately by AEV when they start the conversion because itā€™s incompatible with the Fuel Caddy (gonna need that with how thirsty the 392 is), and the only reason I purchased the XR is because I want the 4.56 gears under factory powertrain warranty (and I like the additional lip on the fender flares). Selling the takeoffs will make up for the cost of the XR package, but if I could have only ordered the gears and the lips on the fender flares I would have. If I couldā€™ve, Iā€™d have ordered my 392 with base model steelies and donut tires, because AEV will be slapping 37 KO2s and Borah wheels on it immediately, especially if it allowed ordering without the tailgate reinforcement (which is a joke, having had one and removed it from my current Jeepā€¦ cheap crap).

I have no love for the safety groups and Iā€™d rather not have any of those features.

It wouldnā€™t be hard to build 392s without the safety groups. It would actually be easier, and benefit the customers that do want a computerized Jeep Nanny by putting the parts back into the supply chain / reducing demand.

I ORDERED A 2023 RUBI 6 SPEED WITH ALL THE SAFETY GROUPS. MY JEEP IS STILL IN CONFIRMED STATUS FOR 45 DAYS NOW. COULD THE PROBLEM BE THAT THEY DONT HAVE WHAT THEY NEED FOR THE ADVANCED SAFETY GROUP? BUT I DIDNT THINK THAT IT HAD LANE DEPARTURE

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370
Build Thread
Link
I ORDERED A 2023 RUBI 6 SPEED WITH ALL THE SAFETY GROUPS. MY JEEP IS STILL IN CONFIRMED STATUS FOR 45 DAYS NOW. COULD THE PROBLEM BE THAT THEY DONT HAVE WHAT THEY NEED FOR THE ADVANCED SAFETY GROUP? BUT I DIDNT THINK THAT IT HAD LANE DEPARTURE
Why are you shouting?

Morrepe

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 dr Sarge Green Willys, Soft Top 3.6L MT
Dealership told me Iā€™m in KZLD status, which apparently means a shipping delay, unfortunately. I ordered from Mark Dodge and was built on 10/24, for what itā€™s worth.
I was in KZLD. Was driving my Jeep less than a week later. Keep faith.

Sponsored

NDRugby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon
Could it? I guess. But Itā€™s likely the MT. 45 days is not that long to be at C oddly enough. Average of people currently stuck at C is 75 days. Average from C to D is 32 days. Probably longer for MTs but havenā€™t run that number.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
I will say that I know 45 days at Confirmed sucks, but there are others who sat (sit maybe) there longer before going to D1. It could be a Safety Group or a chip issue. The more I look at the trackers the more I wonder if they build more in batches based around common options (engine, color, groups. destination, etc.) or maybe combinations of options. It's anybody's guess, though.

Ash1477

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
What's even worse is how random it is. I had a great experience and tracking was spot on. I got the call 8 weeks almost to the hour from when I went in and placed the order.

The tracker updated perfectly and the vehicle even got to the dealership a week earlier than the tracker said after it went to a shipped status.

Why can they be great for me yet so jacked for so many others?
I agreeā€¦Itā€™s crazy!!! Mine was 33 days from order to delivery. I feel terrible for everyone who is getting jerked around. The process makes zero sense!!!

GMONEY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2D Rubi Earl
Clubs

I agreeā€¦Itā€™s crazy!!! Mine was 33 days from order to delivery. I feel terrible for everyone who is getting jerked around. The process makes zero sense!!!
Yeah mine was 56 days from order to delivery but mine had a long train ride compared to you.

My updated were on point and it even came a week earlier than they said.

Sponsored

LKG

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR (soon), Gen 2 Cummins, 22 Sport Alt. R.I.P
Same boat here, 40 days confirmed. No lane departure or LED lights but I did add the dual top group.

This is replacing my 22 that was totaled, it was delivered in 8 short weeks. It's looking like it will take a bit longer this go-round.

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
I think I have figured out how Jeep selects which orders to build.

First, they take the full list of unbuilt orders and sort it by order date, earliest first.

Then, they use a random number generator to generate the reset threshold.

Then they generate numbers using the Fibonacci sequence and select the orders that match the numbers of the sequence, until the threshold is reached, at which point the process starts over.

This is called ā€œOne, Two, Skip A Fewā€ production.

Also, if you have ever considered buying a Bronco, they will delay your shipment once it is built.
I don't agree, your formula is much to complicated. The method they use is Rock, Paper, Scissors with each order. Much less scientific...

Vulcaris

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, '23 Wrangler Willys(maybe)
There's no need to yell.
Confirmed for 45+ days isn't abnormal. It's easy to feel left out with some orders having quick progress. I recommend you be very patient and reign in expectations. Just my own experience, 106 days from ordered to scheduled. Some waited 30+ days longer.

KaneNine

First Name
Kane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 TJ
SmartSelect_20221103_111833_Chrome.jpg

Finally!!!!!
Its funny the last leg of this journey was the most trialing.
Started so patient, then every update becomes more real, you can taste it. But they tease you with their very uniformative tracker.... for every early good forum story, theres also someone stuck in every status for a dumb amount of time with no explanation.
The last bit.
Built 10/24 Est Del 10/28
On 10/26, my EstDel updates to 11/4.
On 11/2 at approx 9am my tracker updates to EstDel 11/3
At approx 8pm on 11/2 my EstDel went TBD....
I knew it meant its either here or not here.
Fortuantely the next day, DELIVERED!!!!!
Picking it up in the AM!!