2023 Orders - Check in here

2stupid

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60, Volvo s80 t6, Victory XC
Estimated Ship date is the date it is "estimated" to go to Production. Why they label it as 'ship' makes no sense to me...but then again this whole process is beyond my comprehension :surprised:
Jeep is using an MRP system to do a variety of business processes and metrics.

when your order hits Production, they know to deduct 1 order from back order which is used to track future demand. Marketing information. if back orders start to get low, maybe it is time to run commericals or offer rebates to generate more demand.

When the jeep is completed (KZ), they are saying Hit Revenue for the wholesale sales price and subtract the components ( and their cost from internal inventory) which generates their profit on your jeep. when the on-hand components are lower than what is needed in the coming days before a new delivery can be made, it tells them before hand they have a future parts shortage that needs to be resolved. The production date also is a timestamp for a given version of any component, so should they need to do a recall in the future, they know which jeeps have the suspect part. we have all seen recalls of a vehicle made between the dates of X and Y.

In some businesses the ownership changes hands as the unit is shipped. This has to do with accounting rules.

Once delivered, they no longer have an obligation to track the order as the jeep has been delivered. If to a dealer, this date stamp starts the clock of the free financing for x days as offered to the dealer.

So they are tracking orders (sales), cost of production (manufacturing), revenue generation, and when financing to dealers starts and eventually stops (finance). As a side benefit, they let us customers peer into some of their system to see where our order stands.

There likely are many other event values used for other reasons such as sending a jeep to a 3rd party to install components. They need to track those jeeps and if they exceed a certain number of days at that status, send a message to Jeep staff to investigate what the problem is. It may only be a specific vendor that is getting behind.

Each status value can have rules in the background that trigger events be it generation of certain reports, telling transport group they need to get a train car in Toledo to deliver to a given city, or alert management there is a serious issue that need immediate investigation.

Hope that helps.
Sponsored

NDRugby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon
Jeep is using an MRP system to do a variety of business processes and metrics.

when your order hits Production, they know to deduct 1 order from back order which is used to track future demand. Marketing information. if back orders start to get low, maybe it is time to run commericals or offer rebates to generate more demand.

When the jeep is completed (KZ), they are saying Hit Revenue for the wholesale sales price and subtract the components ( and their cost from internal inventory) which generates their profit on your jeep. when the on-hand components are lower than what is needed in the coming days before a new delivery can be made, it tells them before hand they have a future parts shortage that needs to be resolved. The production date also is a timestamp for a given version of any component, so should they need to do a recall in the future, they know which jeeps have the suspect part. we have all seen recalls of a vehicle made between the dates of X and Y.

In some businesses the ownership changes hands as the unit is shipped. This has to do with accounting rules.

Once delivered, they no longer have an obligation to track the order as the jeep has been delivered. If to a dealer, this date stamp starts the clock of the free financing for x days as offered to the dealer.

So they are tracking orders (sales), cost of production (manufacturing), revenue generation, and when financing to dealers starts and eventually stops (finance). As a side benefit, they let us customers peer into some of their system to see where our order stands.

There likely are many other event values used for other reasons such as sending a jeep to a 3rd party to install components. They need to track those jeeps and if they exceed a certain number of days at that status, send a message to Jeep staff to investigate what the problem is. It may only be a specific vendor that is getting behind.

Each status value can have rules in the background that trigger events be it generation of certain reports, telling transport group they need to get a train car in Toledo to deliver to a given city, or alert management there is a serious issue that need immediate investigation.

Hope that helps.
Good synopsis. One of the key components of MRP is quantifying demand. Now one could say that "sold" orders are guaranteed sales and should push through as direct demand. However, JEEP is not selling you and me a Jeep, the dealer is. The Jeep is sold in their books when delivered to the dealer (as you mentioned). But there are complexities there too. The dealers need vehicles on the lot to sell to people, and at the same time they love moving vehicles and selling them which sold orders help. So demand is driven by sold and unsold orders.

How many manual transmission Jeeps do you see on lots? And so when I have a Manual Transmission vehicle ordered, I probably need a lot of Manual sold orders to be there because they probably want to build them around the same time, and dealers are not ordering manuals.

So a lot of what you said makes sense in why 97% of the manuals in my tracker are not past C/D. At least that's how I'm thinking about it. Could be any number of options or features forcing this, but there are some patterns on a few things.

And then of course you need to consider supply dynamics too.

In reality it's all a very complex system to design ed to have Jeep "sell" as many vehicles as possible while not over-extending on supply and inventory.

Lumis Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2020 JTR
Just heard the xr can't be ordered with the 392, again, currently. Who knows if it will come back. So glad I already ordered.
392 xr, towing, camera, headliner
Accepted 7/7 nothing else

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Lol damn. 2door sport V6 auto here.
I think its the fact i got the hand twirler window up and downer. Really throwing the factory off with that option prolly. Haha.
2 door sport S with led lights and premium top, white v6 auto — 6/15 no update still in D lol

KaneNine

First Name
Kane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 TJ
2 door sport S with led lights and premium top, white v6 auto — 6/15 no update still in D lol
Optomistic me: maybe that just means they are gunna custom build and take their time on our very specific 2doors.
Pesimistic me: prolly not, they gunna slap that cheap POS together. Haha
Drunk me: boutta pass out and keep knocking out overtime while i wait, 12 hours, may i have another sir!

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Optomistic me: maybe that just means they are gunna custom build and take their time on our very specific 2doors.
Pesimistic me: prolly not, they gunna slap that cheap POS together. Haha
Drunk me: boutta pass out and keep knocking out overtime while i wait, 12 hours, may i have another sir!
Haha -- likely pesimistic you.

CapeArt

First Name
BB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Sport S, Porsche 987S, MazdaSpeed Miata

Sponsored

Tom's jeep

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler
UPDATE 9/13 Today my dealer called to tell me that jeep is now in production, and the new delivery date is Oct 10 but this date can also change.
single jeep.png
Update 9/15 I received an email today saying my jeep has been built and is ready to be shipped. New delivery date is October 3, the wait is almost over!

2stupid

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60, Volvo s80 t6, Victory XC
Good synopsis. One of the key components of MRP is quantifying demand. Now one could say that "sold" orders are guaranteed sales and should push through as direct demand. However, JEEP is not selling you and me a Jeep, the dealer is. The Jeep is sold in their books when delivered to the dealer (as you mentioned). But there are complexities there too. The dealers need vehicles on the lot to sell to people, and at the same time they love moving vehicles and selling them which sold orders help. So demand is driven by sold and unsold orders.

How many manual transmission Jeeps do you see on lots? And so when I have a Manual Transmission vehicle ordered, I probably need a lot of Manual sold orders to be there because they probably want to build them around the same time, and dealers are not ordering manuals.

So a lot of what you said makes sense in why 97% of the manuals in my tracker are not past C/D. At least that's how I'm thinking about it. Could be any number of options or features forcing this, but there are some patterns on a few things.

And then of course you need to consider supply dynamics too.

In reality it's all a very complex system to design ed to have Jeep "sell" as many vehicles as possible while not over-extending on supply and inventory.
true but there is a lot of detail going on behind what may look like simple decision.
as an example, we know customer orders trump dealer orders. the reason is Jeep is fronting the money for several weeks on dealer POs, whereas the customer orders are money in the bank once the jeep is built. Money talks...

But your single order may get trumped by some foreign government ordering 2000 Wranglers as military vehicles. the rules of how such logic is developed may even be outside the MRP system. Another system gathers the data and then sorts the build order.

Another hidden rule can be a short term business decision. Lets suppose Jeep was going to a new vendor for their manual transmssions. But in final long term testing they find a bad syncho. So they hold off manual builds for 2 months until the vendor can get the issue fixed/tested and volume quantities to Toledo. No impact to build numbers overall and this delay saves getting a bad reputation and expensive recalls to replace trannies down the road. Look at the nightmares Ford is currently dealing with on the Bronco with bad head gaskets and a batch of inferior valves that are snapping in half on their most popular engine causing catastrophic failure.

mtbgordon

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR 2022 GCL
Here’s another tip! Sign up for a checking account with PenFed, deposit $10. Go to their car buying service and look at their rebates. You don’t have to use the service or even finance with them. I got another $500 off today on my 2023!

GLEEP Girl

First Name
Gloria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '16 Honda Civic...Next: '23 Jeep Wrangler
Haven't received it, but scheduled delivery on 9/19 for the Houston area.
When was your jeep built? Mine has been built since 9/6 and its showing est delivery 10/26??