2023 Order question. 4.88 w/ auto?

Shelly_16_86

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None at this time
Hey, since I really have narrowed down my order to one of two options. I was hoping for a little clarification. For a 2 dr Rubicon, can I order the 4.88 ratio gears with the automatic transmission? Where my head is going with this; an alternative to the 4 Dr extreme recon package, would be a 2 dr rubicon with 4.88's and just put on 35's. I am just not quite certain that order is allowed.
Sponsored

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
I dont think you can order the 4.88s stand alone from the factory. You have to get the XR package (which I think is causing massive special order delays). I did however regear my old JLR 2 dr with 4.88s and 37's. no issues. 35's would make it scream (i had the 2.0l)

PurpleReignAL

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler JLU Rubicon 3.6 ETorque w/ 4.88
I dont think you can order the 4.88s stand alone from the factory. You have to get the XR package (which I think is causing massive special order delays). I did however regear my old JLR 2 dr with 4.88s and 37's. no issues. 35's would make it scream (i had the 2.0l)
Not quite true. You can't order an XR w/ 4.88s. The XR comes with the 4.56 gears in the package, and you cannot manually override that. This is confirmed using the customer code guidance book for 2023.

I just placed an order for a JLUR with 4.88s standalone no issue. Below are the selections I included:

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Order question. 4.88 w/ auto? jeep options.PNG

OP
OP
Shelly_16_86

Shelly_16_86

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None at this time
Cool deal. It seems that you can order the 4.88 with manual or auto, but it has to be with the 3.6L.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Wow, I saw that on the build site and thought it had to be an error.

I don't think I'd even consider a 3.6 Rubi XR with factory 4.88s available. They set it a little steep for a gear change (the optional gears on my Ram were a $95 option) but definitely worth it at less than half the price of an aftermarket swap.

Sponsored

PurpleReignAL

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler JLU Rubicon 3.6 ETorque w/ 4.88
Wow, I saw that on the build site and thought it had to be an error.

I don't think I'd even consider a 3.6 Rubi XR with factory 4.88s available. They set it a little steep for a gear change (the optional gears on my Ram were a $95 option) but definitely worth it at less than half the price of an aftermarket swap.
Yep, that was my assessment too. This Jeep is for the wife, and she wants it ready from day 1 to drive with 37s and the mopar 2” lift already installed. So went ahead and got the gearing done so she’d be set the day we come to pick it up.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Is 4.88 gears even an option on an auto 2-door? Both the '22 and '23 configurators have never allowed them with anything other than a manual.
Sponsored