Sponsored

2022 w/6k Miles Leaking Coolant

KellersInColorado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wranger 4XE Sahara
I noticed a small puddle of coolant in the driveway yesterday, opened up the hood and noticed that one of the coolant bottles was practically empty. So I called the dealer to try to get the car in, with them stating it's two weeks before they can diagnose it. Understandable, even if a little frustrating, because they can't control staffing shortages, etc. They then told me that they don't have any loaners and can't cover more than $60/day for a rental (basically half the actual cost). This is where they started to lose me with their logic. I called Jeep Wave and got much of the same response, though the gentleman tried a little harder maybe than the dealership to get additional approval for more rental car charges. The end result was the same though.

Has anyone else had experience with issues under warranty and the lack of ability to obtain a loaner or rental car while it's being repaired? How did you handle it? Really frustrated not being able to drive my brand new Jeep and feeling like nobody cares to help.
Sponsored

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
I noticed a small puddle of coolant in the driveway yesterday, opened up the hood and noticed that one of the coolant bottles was practically empty. So I called the dealer to try to get the car in, with them stating it's two weeks before they can diagnose it. Understandable, even if a little frustrating, because they can't control staffing shortages, etc. They then told me that they don't have any loaners and can't cover more than $60/day for a rental (basically half the actual cost). This is where they started to lose me with their logic. I called Jeep Wave and got much of the same response, though the gentleman tried a little harder maybe than the dealership to get additional approval for more rental car charges. The end result was the same though.

Has anyone else had experience with issues under warranty and the lack of ability to obtain a loaner or rental car while it's being repaired? How did you handle it? Really frustrated not being able to drive my brand new Jeep and feeling like nobody cares to help.
When I was down they offered me $57 a day for a rental. Around here that only buys a sub compact if you are lucky. Lucky for me I have an extra car. I kind of understand the dealers position. They work on them but don't really hold the warranty. While I like my Jeep I will tell you that, unless it is something really simple, Jeep does not care at all about you as a customer. Its sad but in the end all Jeep Wave did for me was to talk down to me and "dial" the dealer so I could make an appointment. I literally had to highlight Jeeps own paperwork and take it to them so they could diagnose my issue. The first two times they tried to tell me normal operation.

OP
OP

KellersInColorado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wranger 4XE Sahara
I'm almost positive that's what it is with the mileage that I'm at and the fact that it is a 2.0L. I found the two bolts mentioned in the TSB looking in the engine bay from the top, but I have no idea how to get my hand down there to tighten them (they do look loose). Maybe I need to go from the bottom, but that almost seemed harder to get to it that way.

I tried searching youtube and reading through the attached thread, but having a hard time figuring out how to tighten them myself if anyone has any tips? I would love to do it myself and be done with it, but having a hard time figure out how to do it myself.

OP
OP

KellersInColorado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wranger 4XE Sahara
When I was down they offered me $57 a day for a rental. Around here that only buys a sub compact if you are lucky. Lucky for me I have an extra car. I kind of understand the dealers position. They work on them but don't really hold the warranty. While I like my Jeep I will tell you that, unless it is something really simple, Jeep does not care at all about you as a customer. Its sad but in the end all Jeep Wave did for me was to talk down to me and "dial" the dealer so I could make an appointment. I literally had to highlight Jeeps own paperwork and take it to them so they could diagnose my issue. The first two times they tried to tell me normal operation.
Well at least it sounds like they're treating us consistently! Really sucks as I was super excited about this Jeep, but have had nothing but problems since. Even more disappointing that the customer service team is unwilling to help. Literally had them do the same thing where they dialed the dealer and then let me talk to them...

Sponsored

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2020 Honda Pilot Touring
I'm almost positive that's what it is with the mileage that I'm at and the fact that it is a 2.0L. I found the two bolts mentioned in the TSB looking in the engine bay from the top, but I have no idea how to get my hand down there to tighten them (they do look loose). Maybe I need to go from the bottom, but that almost seemed harder to get to it that way.

I tried searching youtube and reading through the attached thread, but having a hard time figuring out how to tighten them myself if anyone has any tips? I would love to do it myself and be done with it, but having a hard time figure out how to do it myself.
thread has instructions on how to get at them....from the bottom yes, for both. i was able to tighten mine a pinch, but not sure if i had ever lost coolant from that spot. although i have been low before. do u see coolant around the pipe? itll be a clue if thats the issue.

OP
OP

KellersInColorado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wranger 4XE Sahara
thread has instructions on how to get at them....from the bottom yes, for both. i was able to tighten mine a pinch, but not sure if i had ever lost coolant from that spot. although i have been low before. do u see coolant around the pipe? itll be a clue if thats the issue.
Appreciate the reply! I'm going to crawl under there now and see what I can see. At least I know where they are from the top, so should be fairly simple to find them from the bottom too.

See photos of the coolant leak attached, as well as the bottle that's empty. Assuming I can snug up those bolts and thats where the leak is coming from, I'd just need to top off the bottom circled, correct?

Be back in a few once I see what I can see. Thanks again for all your help!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 w/6k Miles Leaking Coolant IMG_4004.JPEG

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 w/6k Miles Leaking Coolant tempImageXIVunM

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
coo
Appreciate the reply! I'm going to crawl under there now and see what I can see. At least I know where they are from the top, so should be fairly simple to find them from the bottom too.

See photos of the coolant leak attached, as well as the bottle that's empty. Assuming I can snug up those bolts and thats where the leak is coming from, I'd just need to top off the bottom circled, correct?

Be back in a few once I see what I can see. Thanks again for all your help!

so actually the main coolant reservoir is the black one in the back of the bay. that from one is a second one (for battery or turbo or something i forget) if its bone dry, there is a chance you could have air in the system and not just be able to top of the reservoir but actually bleed the system. at least thats the way other cars i've had worked. thats not a ton on the driveway luckily

OP
OP

KellersInColorado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wranger 4XE Sahara
I think this is one of the two bolts in question, and does appear to be some fresh leakage from that spot. I think I can get to that one to snug it up, so will just have to find the other potentially.

Any idea on how to bleed the system to make sure I get any air out?

Again - truly appreciate your help!

IMG-4015.jpg

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes thats one...so that one i got to right from where you look up at it...the other is opposite it kind of on the top. i couldnt get that one from the same spot. i found it easy to snake my arm through the drag link/trackbar area from the front and get to it just barely. hard to explain you kind of have to feel it out.

Im not sure how this specific system is set up, but on my audi I need either a vacuum bleeder (easiest) or you can do it by gravity which is a major pain because you loose a lot of coolant. radiators have a bleeding screw that you open and you keep filling up the reservoir while flushing the system and letting the bubbles come out...i wouldnt recommend doing it yourself unless youve done it.

Sponsored

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Get the top bolt from the top of the engine bay and a stubby ratchet/torx bit, reaching through the mess of lines. Recommend pulling bolt and putting blue loctite on it and snugging down. Bottom one is best got from underside.

OP
OP

KellersInColorado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wranger 4XE Sahara
Get the top bolt from the top of the engine bay and a stubby ratchet/torx bit, reaching through the mess of lines. Recommend pulling bolt and putting blue loctite on it and snugging down. Bottom one is best got from underside.
Thanks for the tip!! I got to the bottom one from underneath and it honestly felt really freaking snug. I couldn't budge it. Still couldn't get to the top one, but was trying from underneath for that one too. Will see if I can try to get at it from the top again.

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Thanks for the tip!! I got to the bottom one from underneath and it honestly felt really freaking snug. I couldn't budge it. Still couldn't get to the top one, but was trying from underneath for that one too. Will see if I can try to get at it from the top again.
It tears up your arm pretty good, definitely not an easy one to get, but worth it. If it's loose, do put loctite on it before replacing.

Xorak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hellayella Sport, 2023 Reign Sahara
Loaner policy varies by dealership. For the most part, you're on your own.

It very much resembles an abusive relationship. We know the Jeep service department is going to treat us like crap, yet we keep going back to them again and again.

Jim1964

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
You are chasing after a solution to a different problem. The coolant elbow with the potential for loose bolts is the engine coolant system. That’s the black reservoir by the firewall.

The white reservoir in the photo is the intercooler circuit.

You’ll never fix a leak in one circuit by working on another.
Sponsored