2021 2.0 leaking coolant at 8700 miles

21Sahara_AltitudeHydro

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara Altitude, 2004 SRT4 Neon
Anyone else have this issue, I was in the drive thru this morning otw home from work and smelt coolant while I had the window down. Though it was the truck in front of me. Got home a few miles down the road only to smell it again when I got out and noticed it's leaking from under the driver side near the engine block. Anyone had this issue or know what the problem is. Getting it towed now to dealer for them to fix.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 2.0 leaking coolant at 8700 miles 20220119_090211
Sponsored

OP
OP
21Sahara_AltitudeHydro

21Sahara_AltitudeHydro

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks to be leaking from that line in the top left of the picture.

Cajun21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Ram 1500
I had this issue-I posted they have a TSB out for the torque on the bolt at the water pump, yes take it in- mines did it at a gas station just before I hit the trail. 2021 JLUR 2.0t 4cyl. I guess the good thing was they gave me one of those Jeep Grand Cherokee L- that was a blast to drive-just too fancy for me.

OP
OP
21Sahara_AltitudeHydro

21Sahara_AltitudeHydro

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had this issue-I posted they have a TSB out for the torque on the bolt at the water pump, yes take it in- mines did it at a gas station just before I hit the trail. 2021 JLUR 2.0t 4cyl. I guess the good thing was they gave me one of those Jeep Grand Cherokee L- that was a blast to drive-just too fancy for me.
So how do I get a rental from them? And hopefully won't take them long to fix it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
21Sahara_AltitudeHydro

21Sahara_AltitudeHydro

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I can't speak for NC, I'm in Arizona and they give you a loaner because it's under warranty and part of the Jeep Wave program
I'm definitely under warranty. I hope they do!

OP
OP
21Sahara_AltitudeHydro

21Sahara_AltitudeHydro

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Make sure you inform them that there's a TSB for it-or not if you have a good dealership, they will take care of you. It took approximately nine hours got my Jeep back the next day.
Ok will do and thanks

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
All of this reminds me of when the 1.4T engine in my 2018 Fiat Spider started spilling coolant at 4,000 miles. Turns out a batch of engines had come out of the Fiat plant with the water pump improperly seated.

Four days later the dealer replaced the water pump under warranty.

One hundred and fifty miles later, stopping at a vista point at 5,500 ft in elevation, the Fiat spills most of its coolant contents into a big puddle on the parking lot. I’m 150 miles from home, 120 miles to the nearest Fiat dealership and have no cell reception. I manage to make it home on my own power. Call the dealer and they send a flatbed truck.

Two days later I get the car back. The dealer never admits to it, but when I am asked to sign the work order to get my car back, I read that they had reseated and resealed the water pump, which means they did it incorrectly the first time.

Luckily, there was no permanent damage to the engine.

This was two-and-half years ago. Haven’t had any more issues since.

It was all laughs and giggles before noticing that my water pump was spilling its guts at 5,500 ft, 120 miles from the nearest Fiat dealership
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 2.0 leaking coolant at 8700 miles C42C7B56-027F-4E9C-A6A6-11B2CD9B0EC9

OP
OP
21Sahara_AltitudeHydro

21Sahara_AltitudeHydro

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of this reminds me of when the 1.4T engine in my 2018 Fiat Spider started spilling coolant at 4,000 miles. Turns out a batch of engines had come out of the Fiat plant with the water pump improperly seated.

Four days later the dealer replaced the water pump under warranty.

One hundred and fifty miles later, stopping at a vista point at 5,500 ft in elevation, the Fiat spills most of its coolant contents into a big puddle on the parking lot. I’m 150 miles from home, 120 miles to the nearest Fiat dealership and have no cell reception. I manage to drive down to the coast on my own power. Call the dealer and they send a flatbed truck.

Two days later I get the car back. The dealer never admits to it, but when I am asked to sign the work order to get my car back, I can read that they had reseated and resealed the water pump, which means they did it incorrectly the first time.

Thankfully, there was no permanent damage to the engine. This was two-and-half years ago. Haven’t had any more issues.

It was all laughs and giggles before noticing that my water pump was spilling its guts at 5,500 ft, 120 miles from the nearest Fiat dealer
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 2.0 leaking coolant at 8700 miles C42C7B56-027F-4E9C-A6A6-11B2CD9B0EC9
Man that's sucks badly, I'm having to pay 100$ for towing because the dealership I want to take it to is 31 miles away and they only cover for free 24 miles 🤦🏻‍♂️they are getting me a rental though.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Man that's sucks badly, I'm having to pay 100$ for towing because the dealership I want to take it to is 31 miles away and they only cover for free 24 miles 🤦🏻‍♂️they are getting me a rental though.
Yeah, I hate being nickel-and-dimed by Roadside Assistance, especially when I’m stranded on the side of the road.

Years ago I blew a front tire on my 2012 Dodge Challenger 392. Those cars come with low profile tires and no spare in the trunk.

This was on Angeles Crest Highway. I have no cell reception and am 25 miles from civilization.

I manage to limp back 20 miles until the tire completely disintegrates. I’m still 7 miles from the nearest Discount Tire. I call FCA Roadside Assistance and the lady tells me that Roadside Assistance doesn’t cover flat tires. I’m baffled. Anyway, she wants $70 before she can dispatch a truck.

I pay up and wait another hour and a half for the tow truck to show up. Get towed to Discount Tire, get two new matching tires and drive straight to my Dodge dealer.

I had an excellent relationship with my dealer and knew everyone there, including the service manager. Well, I give him an earful: “what kind of roadside assistance is this that doesn’t cover flats...what good is a car without a spare tire and no roadside assistance...I have no use for a car that can’t get me home if I ever get a flat... blah blah blah...”. I am half venting. He listens respectfully and off I go.

A few days later I gat a call back from him. He had told his FCA Regional Manager what happened, and Chrysler offered to refund me the tow, and give me $400 to buy an aftermarket spare tire and jack kit to keep in the car. I didn’t know what to say. I thanked him and took up FCA’s offer.

Needless to say I was very impressed!
Sponsored

Last edited: