Sponsored

2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited ORDER GUIDE (4-Door)!

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Hey guys. New to the forum but been reading for days. I never thought to special order a vehicle but it sounds like it may be a better way to strike a deal then buying off the lot and luckily we're no tin a rush.

Anyway I'm doing my homework and here in NJ dealers are tough. I wanted to ask when ordering a vehicle, i have heard conflicting reports. Some say a deposit is refundable while others say it's not. Any thoughts on how to approach this topic? Also is it a bad idea to walk in with a specific offer based on what others have been paying with no other dealer offers to compare in hand?

Thank you in advance, great community here!
It is actually pretty easy to get great offer via email from many dealers on here, from Fitzpatrick's in CT to to Suresky in NY to Criswell and others in MD. Use only the contact info you find on the preferred dealer thread on the forum, send them your build with options and they'll send you a POC with the price. The lowest currently around you will be Criswell, which is 8% under invoice (FWP) price. If I were in NJ, I would just order from them and take a train/bus/taxi/hitchhike/rollerblade/hang glide down there when the order came in. But, if you want to stay local, use these offers as leverage to shop around (like your mama told you to). From all accounts, Jersey dealers will not even get in the ballpark of the Maryland dealers, so, again, my advice to you would be to skip the NJ runaround altogether and buy at Criswell (or maybe Suresky in NY if you're in North Jersey). Also, if you order from Criswell you're pretty much guaranteed the best price on the East Coast, so you won't have to worry about geting your deposit back.

In summary: skip the NJ scam artists, order from Criswell, sit back for 4 weeks shopping for accessories with all of the money you'll save, and feel great about getting a great deal from a great dealer.

Visible15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
Anyone know what the LED group is for the Sports? Ordering guide and online builder say Headlamps and Fog lights BUT the interactive builder changes the DRL too

Trying to get a solid answer on this please

Sponsored

DigitalCK

First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Sport, 2020 JLU Rubi
Hey all - JKU owner looking to add a JLU... Looks like some slight price difference in October (per the build tool) but wanted to check out some things before I head to the dealer....

My biggest question is around "Included" items in packages. When I used the build tool on jeep.com, it lists out the price for both the package and included item. In my case, RC4 (Alpine Prem Audio) is showing a price AND so is AEK (8.4" radio & Prem Audio Grp). But it says in this doc that if I get AEK, RC4 is included. Same for XBM (Remote Start) when I add (ADE) Cold Weather.

Am I correct that if I add ADE and AEK, I do not need to account for a cost for XBM and RC4?

If so, it would appear that my values are right in this sheet below? Would love feedback:

JL Price.PNG

mtnmerlin

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel, 2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
I have the same question about RC4 having a charge or not with AEK. And there has been a report that some paint colors have a charge. You can do better than the 1% under FWP by going to Houston (River Oaks) or maybe Austin.

DigitalCK

First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the same question about RC4 having a charge or not with AEK. And there has been a report that some paint colors have a charge. You can do better than the 1% under FWP by going to Houston (River Oaks) or maybe Austin.
Just got back from ordering and can confirm my assumptions were correct. AEK includes RC4 so you do not need the RC4 charge when calculating, but you get all the RC4 items inside AEK. Same for the XBM/ADE notation above also.

For us, making a trip to another city wasn't in the cards - between work and kid it just didn't make sense for us. So we ordered, with the same sales person we ordered our 2017 JKU from.

I will note that several items are priced higher than in the September guide. I believe 4 items, including now a cost for the paint color. In total it was about +$700. All other prices matched exactly my spreadsheet (he showed me, I didn't show him), so believe these to be normal price increases.

Delivery of Jeep #2 in 6-8 weeks!

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
Does anyone happen to have access to the October order guide?

DigitalCK

First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't, but I can tell you these details:

Rubicon base 3.6 V6 stayed the same.
DFT 8spd auto +$250 to $2750 ($2448 FWP)
Punk'n paint (and I'm guessing others) now $195 ($174 FWP)
MOPAR accessories stayed the same (sills, floor mat, tub liner, etc)
Safety Group stayed the same
Advanced safety group stayed the same
Stitched black leather stayed the same
AEK 8.4" +$100 to $1695 ($1509 FWP)
Cold weather stayed the same
Sky One Touch stayed the same
AD6 LED Lighting went up $50 to $1045 ($930 FWP)
Remote proximity stayed the same.

Not a full list, but maybe give you some direction on what type of things stay/change.

Sponsored

Griff71

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLUR
I don't, but I can tell you these details:

Rubicon base 3.6 V6 stayed the same.
DFT 8spd auto +$250 to $2750 ($2448 FWP)
Punk'n paint (and I'm guessing others) now $195 ($174 FWP)
MOPAR accessories stayed the same (sills, floor mat, tub liner, etc)
Safety Group stayed the same
Advanced safety group stayed the same
Stitched black leather stayed the same
AEK 8.4" +$100 to $1695 ($1509 FWP)
Cold weather stayed the same
Sky One Touch stayed the same
AD6 LED Lighting went up $50 to $1045 ($930 FWP)
Remote proximity stayed the same.

Not a full list, but maybe give you some direction on what type of things stay/change.
Just ordered mine last night so the price increases shown here are confirmed. Though no charge for Sting Gray.

JeepNut80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Sting-Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys. New to the forum but been reading for days. I never thought to special order a vehicle but it sounds like it may be a better way to strike a deal then buying off the lot and luckily we're no tin a rush.

Anyway I'm doing my homework and here in NJ dealers are tough. I wanted to ask when ordering a vehicle, i have heard conflicting reports. Some say a deposit is refundable while others say it's not. Any thoughts on how to approach this topic? Also is it a bad idea to walk in with a specific offer based on what others have been paying with no other dealer offers to compare in hand?

Thank you in advance, great community here!
I just picked up my custom '20 JLUR at Criswell last month. I'm also in NJ. Its an easy ride down there on amtrack to the DC station, then take the Red line up. Leon was my salesguy. He's amazing and picked me up at the station and brought me to the dealership. I drove it back same day. Took two weeks from order to delivery. Got 7% off invoice plus another 1% for tread lightly membership. amazing deal and easy transaction with Leon.

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I just picked up my custom '20 JLUR at Criswell last month. I'm also in NJ. Its an easy ride down there on amtrack to the DC station, then take the Red line up. Leon was my salesguy. He's amazing and picked me up at the station and brought me to the dealership. I drove it back same day. Took two weeks from order to delivery. Got 7% off invoice plus another 1% for tread lightly membership. amazing deal and easy transaction with Leon.

JeepNut, I picked up m JL 2 weeks ago.

Took a $18 megabus ride, one way to DC.
$40 dollar uber (35min)

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
JeepNut, I picked up m JL 2 weeks ago.

Took a $18 megabus ride, one way to DC.
$40 dollar uber (35min)
Marco at least picked us up from the train station in DC.