Sponsored

2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited ORDER GUIDE (4-Door)!

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
The E-Torque option is available for the Sahara models (JLJP74). The Rubicons will come with the standard V6 w/ ESS.

- Rich
Yes, that's what I thought as well?
Sponsored

H_ORNELAS

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR | 2019_GTI
Did anyone else notice the standalone 8.4" screen option (without Alpine) is no longer available on the August build sheet? It would be such a bummer if they really are removing this option... Thoughts?

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Did anyone else notice the standalone 8.4" screen option (without Alpine) is no longer available on the August build sheet? It would be such a bummer if they really are removing this option... Thoughts?
Apparently it was only available on fleet orders anyway.

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
So, BOTH are still available; however, they are grouped together in a package ?
If so, what is the package called and what else is in it ?
Sorry if this has been covered ....

H_ORNELAS

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR | 2019_GTI
So, BOTH are still available; however, they are grouped together in a package ?
If so, what is the package called and what else is in it ?
Sorry if this has been covered ....
The 8.4" uconnect screen is only available in the "8.4" RADIO AND PREMIUM AUDIO GROUP" or "AEK". This includes the 8.4" screen and Alpine audio system.

The July order guide had a standalone option for JUST the 8.4" screen but apparently that was very short lived.

Sponsored

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
Gotchya....So some people wanted the screen size (8.4) without the Alpine System ?

miguelroboso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I am 0% sure how to use this. I'm a couple of months away from ordering (or finding one in a lot) a 2019 or 2020 JLUR, and I have no idea how to use the order guides. Is there a sticky post anywhere with tips for ordering?

RedDevil17

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 LR Disco I (for now)
I am 0% sure how to use this. I'm a couple of months away from ordering (or finding one in a lot) a 2019 or 2020 JLUR, and I have no idea how to use the order guides. Is there a sticky post anywhere with tips for ordering?
@miguelroboso welcome to the forum. Upon first look the order guide can be intimidating but it is not that difficult once you have some working knowledge. I'm new at this too but will try to help.

Page one breaks out the different models and shows the page # where they start. I'm interested in the Rubicon (page 10) so I'll talk to that (the other portions are exactly the same construct).

Step 1: Select the model. For the Rubi, that page 10

Step 2: What engine/transmission combo do you want? For the Rubicon there are two engines available with one, the 3.6 liter, having a choice of two different transmissions (man/auto). The 2 liter is only available with the automatic transmission. A quick note, the three letter combo you see are the codes you would have on your order form the dealer.

Step 3 is to pick the options you want.

The pricing you see is the "invoice" price (FWP) and the MSRP. Also, you have the three letter code for the option. Some of the options have restrictions while others don't. Also, some of the options come as a part of a package and it shows that on the guide. For example, if you order the "8.4" Radio and Premium Audio Group" (code AEK), it includes the "Alpine Premium Audio System" which is why it says "INCLUDED W/AEK." If you didn't want the 8.4" Radio and Premium Audio Group" and all that comes with it but did want just the Alpine Audio, you would order the "Alpine Premium Audio System" (code RC4).

There are several other threads that cover down on the buying aspect so I won't go over that.

I didn't want to go into too much depth but hope this gets you started. I actually began with the Jeep configurator on Jeep.com to see what went with what before I looked through the order guide. While the Jeep.com site is designed for sales of existing, it will help you understand how things go together and, IMHO, make understanding the order guide elements better.

Having said all that, the folks on here are knowledgeable, opinionated, and helpful. They will chime in if I goofed something up in my explanation. Good luck.

miguelroboso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
@miguelroboso welcome to the forum. Upon first look the order guide can be intimidating but it is not that difficult once you have some working knowledge. I'm new at this too but will try to help.

I didn't want to go into too much depth but hope this gets you started. I actually began with the Jeep configurator on Jeep.com to see what went with what before I looked through the order guide. While the Jeep.com site is designed for sales of existing, it will help you understand how things go together and, IMHO, make understanding the order guide elements better.

Having said all that, the folks on here are knowledgeable, opinionated, and helpful. They will chime in if I goofed something up in my explanation. Good luck.
Yeah I misses my point, sorry :)

Adding options and getting an MSRP is relatively straightforward. I also found an interactive Excel sheet somewhere else that does the math automatically. My main question is more like: once I get an MSRP, how does that help me evaluating a dealer's price? Should I go around with the MSRP that I get from the order guide and look for prices that are lower than the MSRP?

One thing I see already is that many dealers offer the "8.4" Radio and Premium Audio Group" and then they ADD the price of the "Alpine Premium Audio System" on top of that. I guess that is kind of the dealer "cheating" on an MSRP, is that where the guide could help me?

Anyway, thanks for your help! Hopefully by the time I get ready to order I will have all the info I need so that I don't just go in a dealer and drool over whatever Jeep they put in front of me ("take my money I said, take it!")

virginia_is_for_rubis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
One thing I see already is that many dealers offer the "8.4" Radio and Premium Audio Group" and then they ADD the price of the "Alpine Premium Audio System" on top of that. I guess that is kind of the dealer "cheating" on an MSRP, is that where the guide could help me?)
Although it will show like that on the sticker, if you actually add up the options it's not double counted. That isn't on the dealer, that's how FCA prints out the stickers.

I'd use a TrueCar buying service (AmEx, Costco, USAA, PenFed, etc.) to get a list of local dealers who will go below MSRP and then try and negotiate from there. Or take the FWP price on the spreadsheet for the model and options (or that is on a dealer lot near you) you want and see if any dealers are advertising at or below that price.

Sponsored

BCool

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tuscadero Sahara 4xe
These sheets don’t show any price increase for the V6 in 2020’s, but a local dealer (who has otherwise been quite nice to negotiate with) is now saying V6’s are +$1350 over the turbo 4. Has anyone else heard this?

JCae2798

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU (RIP), 2021 GC L, 2024 JLU 4xe
Hey guys. New to the forum but been reading for days. I never thought to special order a vehicle but it sounds like it may be a better way to strike a deal then buying off the lot and luckily we're no tin a rush.

Anyway I'm doing my homework and here in NJ dealers are tough. I wanted to ask when ordering a vehicle, i have heard conflicting reports. Some say a deposit is refundable while others say it's not. Any thoughts on how to approach this topic? Also is it a bad idea to walk in with a specific offer based on what others have been paying with no other dealer offers to compare in hand?

Thank you in advance, great community here!

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
These sheets don’t show any price increase for the V6 in 2020’s, but a local dealer (who has otherwise been quite nice to negotiate with) is now saying V6’s are +$1350 over the turbo 4. Has anyone else heard this?
If you are getting an automatic transmission the V6 is more expensive. According to the order guide for August on the first page of the thread V6 is $1000 Msrp more than getting the 2L Turbo ($890 invoice price). So the only way to get the V6 cheaper than the 2L turbo is to buy a manual transmission that would run $1500 cheaper.

When I ordered my 19' the 2L turbo and the V6 with the automatic were $2000 msrp more. Somewhere they lowered the price on the 2L to try to push that engine.

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

September order guide attached and added to the first post.

Attachments