First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
gotcha, Well my dad works for FCA and he said that there is going to be eggplant purple added along with a whiskey brown
They lied to him, colors are out, no purple
Sponsored

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
I heard that FCA will be providing the 2019 WRANGLER in "LIGHT GREY PRIMER"(OPTION for those that aren't happy with any of the offered colors

No change in the OTD price-

W.E.

JIMBO
It’s not on the color chart, no green this time around either

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
THank you but how is that different from what’s on there now, my BMW also has it but when you turn it off it stays off until You turn it back on
BSG or e-Torque is only on the 2.0 Turbo engine now, not the 3.6 V6. You might be thinking of ESS which stope the engine at stop lights and restarts the engine when you lift off the brake? Both JL engines have that feature. ESS can be turned off but you have to press a button every time you start the car initially. There is supposed to be a aftermarket vendor with a device that allows you to defeat the ESS so you will not have to press a button every time you get into your JL.

Sponsored

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
Same. Barker and Tuckerton!

I got the JLU in granite crystal with black hard top that is pretty much stock with the exception on the rubi rock rails. Still got paper plates. I am sure you will see me around as I am on Tuckerton all the time as my son goes to Anthony.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I don't think they'll be much in changes except price probably about 900 more like they usually go up every year. The start-stop is not going away. They need that to help on the MPG . Government coming down hard on all the manufacturers. They will have to get so many MPGs per weight or they won't be able to make them or get fined that's what they say that's why new cars don't even come with spare tires anymore. Everything is about weight and trying to cut weight everywhere they can. That's what the dealer said and I've read. You used to be able to get 2 or 3 brake jobs on cars, trucks and jeeps and now the rotors are so lightweight and thin you're lucky to get one

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
I don't think they'll be much in changes except price probably about 900 more like they usually go up every year. The start-stop is not going away. They need that to help on the MPG . Government coming down hard on all the manufacturers. They will have to get so many MPGs per weight or they won't be able to make them or get fined that's what they say that's why new cars don't even come with spare tires anymore. Everything is about weight and trying to cut weight everywhere they can. That's what the dealer said and I've read. You used to be able to get 2 or 3 brake jobs on cars, trucks and jeeps and now the rotors are so lightweight and thin you're lucky to get one
Lol do the voices in your head tell you that bullshit? My God stop already. BTW Trump just eased the milage restrictions. Read much.

Sponsored

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
While there are a few Nachos in the wild, it was never available for order and has been discontinued.

BTW Trump just eased the milage restrictions. Read much.
It's just a proposal at this point. The administration wants to freeze the current standards after the 2020 model year.

Last edited:

GlowingGhoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, WK2 SRT
Federal CAFE standards are average fuel economy standards that must be achieved across a manufacturers fleet. By squeezing out as much mileage as possible on a high volume vehicle like the Wrangler, they can sell more high performance/high profit/low mileage vehicles. The Obama administration wanted the AVERAGE raised to 55 MPG!

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Federal CAFE standards are average fuel economy standards that must be achieved across a manufacturers fleet. By squeezing out as much mileage as possible on a high volume vehicle like the Wrangler, they can sell more high performance/high profit/low mileage vehicles. The Obama administration wanted the AVERAGE raised to 55 MPG!
Tying to use the wrangler to increase your average seems like a very poor choice.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Where was this confirmed? What's the point of getting a 2019 3.6 if doesn't have this feature?
It's confirmed everywhere on this forum. Or, rather, I should say it's clarified: the 3.6 was available at launch with only the ESS system, the 2.0 with the BSG which also incorporates the ESS system came (much) later. While the 3.0 diesel was supposed to have launched by now according to Jay's original timeline https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...jl-2-0l-delay-powertop-diesel-dates-etc.1341/ , the 3.6 BSG Job 1 isn't due until 10/29/18, though with no mention of it as an orderable option (perhaps we'll see on 9/13 when the '19 order banks open), it doesn't seem like it's coming any time soon. There have been many threads taking on the 3.6 ESS vs. the 2.0 BSG debate. At this point, the 3.6 is cheaper and more time-tested, while the 2.0 is more efficient (marginally) and has more torque.
Sponsored